2

The sun was shining bright in the sky as I looked up at the enormous building that read 'Luthor-Corp'. I couldn't believe I had never noticed this building before. It was so prominent and hard to miss due to its dark color. It seemed like everything around it was dwarfed by its incredible size. It almost gave off an eerie vibe.

And inside the building it seemed to be quite the opposite. It was so bright and lively with all the open windows and immaculate designs on the walls. There seemed to be an infinite amount of space in this building that held hundreds of different people doing different jobs and activities. It amazed me and I didn't understand why more people weren't just staring in awe like I was at this moment.

However, my moment was cut short when I heard a voice call out. "Excuse me?" I quickly looked to my right to see a formally dressed lady sitting behind the front desk. I pointed to myself, making sure she was talking to me so I didn't embarrass myself over a miscommunication. "Yes, you." She said matter-of-factly. "Are you here for the internship?" I'm sure she already knew the answer to her own question considering my ripped jeans and thrasher hoodie stuck out like a sore thumb in this formal setting.

I nodded my head and walked to the desk. "Yes, uh I am here for the internship." I said, trying to sound convincing. I knew she could read right through me but it seemed like she didn't have the energy to say anything.

"You'll find yourself to the left." She said and I looked at her with a confused expression. What the heck does that mean? She looked at me like I was the crazy one and repeated, "You'll find yourself to the left."

"I, uh...what-" I started but stopped as soon as she pointed to the left. I looked over and saw several name tags lined up in different rows on top of the desk. "Oh, right." I muttered and started scanning through the tags, not really sure how to go about this.

Apparently I was taking too long because she asked, "Are you having trouble finding yourself?"

"Nope." I rushed out quickly and grabbed the first name tag I saw. I internally face palmed when I saw the name I picked. Of course I would set myself up like this.

"Peter Parker?" The woman read the name tag aloud with a hint of amusement in her voice.

"Yeah, uh... my dad wanted a son so.." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, seemingly failing with my attempt at humor. "You can just call me Pe... P, just call me P." I rushed out, trying to sound as serious as possible.

"Well, nice to meet you P." The lady smiled, her voice still laced with amusement.

I smiled back and said "Thanks!" I turned around and let out a breath. Well, that went well. I guess it could've gone worse. I looked around the humongous building and saw a group of people with name tags on a higher floor. That must be the rest of the interns.

Following the flow of the crowd, I got onto an escalator and looked around at the building again. There were images and diagrams being projected all over the place and you could hear a robotic voice describing some of the companies principles. It was like I had stepped into the future and I had to admit; it was pretty freakin cool.

Once I reached the next floor, I stepped off of the escalator and walked over to the crowd of interns. I stood towards the back of the group, not wanting to draw any unwanted attention to myself.

"Welcome to Luthor-Corp, my name is Gwen Stacy, I'm a senior at Midtown Science and I'm also head intern to Dr. Conners, so I'll be with you for the duration of your visit." A young blonde haired girl with a white lab coat introduced herself to the group. "Where I go, you go. That's the basic rule. If you remember that, all will be fine." She explained honestly and a few of the interns nodded their heads.