4

Today is Saturday and I've been trying to think of ideas for this whole hero thing.

First, I need to figure out what my role will be as a hero. I mean, I could beat up bad guys with my super strength and fast reflexes. Then I could escape from them by climbing buildings and then jump from building to building, but what would that make me? The Fantastic Frog? I just feel like something is missing, but I don't know what.

As I was thinking, I caught a glimpse of the small glass container on my desk.

The spider.

That's it! Of course, the spider is what gave me these abilities, I should form my hero around that idea. I thought back to when I got bit by the spider and I remembered the spider webs I saw in the lab. The machine would twist and stretch the webs, but they would never break. That got me thinking: maybe the webs could hold up my body weight as I swing from building to building. Maybe the webs could also double as a weapon.

I jumped up out of my bed with more motivation than before. I went to my computer and started doing some research. I needed to make sure these webs would be able to withstand any situation I might be thrown into. I don't wanna end up being electrocuted or catch on fire just because of some faulty web design.

I looked up all the recent designs from Luthor-Corp on their website. As I was scrolling through, looking for the web designs, something caught my eye. It was a picture of a very complex machine with the word 'GANALI' written on the side. This sparked my interest because I remembered a picture of a machine in my dad's office that looked exactly like this.

I clicked on the link and started reading about this Ganali machine. Apparently this machine could be loaded with an antigen, creating a cloud that could be dispersed over a neighborhood or even a whole city. Which could, theoretically, cure a disease within the time span of a couple of hours. My dad must've been working on the design when he worked for Luthor-Corp. The design was incredible.

I kept scrolling and found a link that read 'Luthor-Corp's BioCable tensile'. I clicked on the link and saw a video with the thumbnail of a huge commercial airplane being pulled by what looked like a spider web. I clicked play on the video and a man started talking.

"Engineered from genetically enhanced spiders, Luthor-Corp's BioCable tensile strength is unparalleled. We're just beginning to understand all the potential industrial applications." The man explained. The slide then changed to a picture of several small grey pellets. "A single pellet can safely store several hundred meters of the light weight cable." I remember seeing those small pellets at Luthor-Corp. I needed to get some for myself.

-

After miraculously managing to steal some of those BioCable pellets from Luthor-Corp, I got to work. I started experimenting with the cable to try and figure out how it worked.

After many failed attempts, I eventually figured out how to get the webs to shoot straight, so I decided to take them on a test drive. I hooked them into place on the inside of my wrists and started my way to the top of the apartment building.

When I reached the top of the stairs, I flung the door open and slowly walked to the edge of the building. I stepped up on the ledge and looked down. It made me a little dizzy when I saw how far down the ground was. The cars looked like little toys and the people looked like ants. I was at least 20 stories up: a fall from this height would definitely kill me.

"Well, here goes nothing!" I yelled and then did a front flip off the building. I was just gliding through the air and it felt amazing. I got caught in the feeling and didn't realize how close I was getting to the ground. I panicked and shot a web from my right wrist. The web quickly stuck to a building above and I started swinging forward.