3

BEEP BEEP BEEEEEP!!

I bolted out of my bed and hit my alarm clock. I heard a crunching sound and looked over to see that I had completely smashed the alarm clock. How the crap?

All of the sudden, the memories from last night came flooding back. Getting bit by a spider, having super fast reflexes, climbing a building. Oh, right... I'm a super human.

Gosh, I already have so many other things to deal with as a teenager, like school! How am I gonna deal with being a super human too?

All of the sudden, I heard a bunch of car horns and people yelling. It was so unbearably loud, I had to plug my ears. What the heck is this? I'm sure the sound was coming from outside, but it sounded like it was happening right here, in my bedroom. I shook my head to try and make it go away and I focused on the sounds in my room. After a minute, everything got quieter and I could only hear what was in my room. So, I guess I have super human hearing too.

I sighed and got up out of bed. I stretched my body and for some reason, my arms felt heavier. It was like they were harder to hold up. Confused, I rushed into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I raised my arms up and flexed and I couldn't believe my eyes. I actually had muscles! I wasn't just stick skinny, you could actually see my arms.

A crazy thought popped into my head, so I lifted my shirt up to look at my stomach and I almost fainted. I had abs, like, I had an actual six pack. Holy crap! There was no way that little spider gave me super strength, super reflexes, and muscles like a pro boxer. This was insane!

Oh my god, what is my aunt gonna think? People will probably say I'm on steroids or something. Although, I guess I could just not wear tight clothes. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference, right? Well, it's the best thing I can think of so I might as well go with it.

After my initial freak out, I continued to get ready and chose to wear a black hoodie and some grey sweatpants. Hopefully it wasn't revealing and my aunt wouldn't accuse me of taking steroids. I really didn't need her mad at me right now.

"Good morning." My aunt greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. I just nodded in response and tried not to draw her attention to me. I ate some of the breakfast she made and then threw my backpack over my shoulder. I tried to rush out of the house before she could say anything but I'm pretty sure she noticed.

"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked and I stopped dead in my tracks. I was about halfway to the front door but I turned around to face her.

"Uh.. I'm going to school. What else would I be doing?" I said trying not to sound suspicious, yet I ended up sounding even more suspicious than usual. "I mean, it's not like I would be taking illegal drugs or anything, right?" I laughed nervously and subconsciously stretched my hoodie a little so it wasn't so tight and she wouldn't see my muscles that practically grew over night.

"Uh, no.. I was just gonna say that you didn't finish your breakfast." She said with a skeptical look.

"Oh! I-uh, I just wasn't that hungry." I lied and she continued to look me over as if to see if I was telling the truth.

"That definitely wasn't the case last night." She pointed out and then looked me up and down. "Whose clothes are those? They are way too big on you. You look like a homeless person." She exclaimed and I started to tense up.

I thought of a quick excuse: "Uhm, well... loose clothes are like the style now. That's all people wear around school, you know." She just looked at me like I was insane and I chuckled nervously.