The Talk

COLTON

I went straight for the locker room where I laid my bag down and sat down on the bench. How dare she. I grab my cleats out of my gym locker and strap them off. I peel my shirt off and run out of the locker room onto the field not caring that I was currently missing classes.

I immediately just booked it down the field at a sprint running off all of the anger inside me that had built up. I ran back down the field finding it hard to keep my balance since I was running so hard. How dare she talk about my parents like that.

I ran back down the field before I collapsed on the ground and just lay there. I stared up at the clouds drained of energy and feeling no emotion inside me. Running your anger off works. But I'm still angry. I still want to bash her face in. She won't get away talking about Ivy and my parents like that.

"Colton?" A voice nearby calls out.

I sit up and look around before focusing on a man. My father. "Dad?"

"What are you doing out here?" He comes to sit down next to me full of curiosity.

I cover my face with my eyes and groan, "I'm just angry. Leah was talking crap about our family and Ivy. I couldn't deal with it so I came out here and ran off my anger."

My dad chuckled, "Well, you probably handled it better than I would have. I probably would have punched a wall, or better yet, her."

I laughed, "Yeah."

He pats my shoulder, "Son, anything that family says is all lies and shit. Don't let them get to you."

I groan, "I know! She just knows how to get under my skin. Like saying you broke her heart and left her for Mom. And then saying how Ivy will never love me back." I almost told him we were dating but I wanted to make sure this would work between us two before I told my family.

"Trust me, son, she does." Oh, Dad, I know. I have recently just figured that out. "Well, get to class sooner or later. I don't care, just don't get caught. See you at practice later." And with that, he gets up and leaves. Man, I'm blessed to have parents who don't care if I miss school. Partly because they would have done the same thing.

Once I feel as if my attitude is the best as it could be, I get up and head back to the field house so I can change and shower. I quickly take a shower, getting all of the nasty sweat that had dripped onto my body. I take a minute to just relax my tense muscles under the hot water. I don't know what I would do without these showers here. They sure do help me relax on days like this. Once I'm clean I step out and change back into my school clothes and check my phone before heading out to class.

10:45 am Holy crap, it's already lunchtime? I scroll through my recent messages to see that Ivy had texted me, quite a few times.

Ivy:
Colton? Where are you?

Ivy:
Where did you run off to?

Ivy:
I just saw your dad lol. I'll see you at lunch. <3

I chuckle at her clinginess and decide to not respond and just slip my phone back into my pocket before grabbing my bag and heading out the locker room door. I head toward the lunch room to find it already packed and filled with the hungry kids of fourth-period lunch. I easily slip by everyone and run to the lunch line and grab a few slices of pizza and a banana before venturing over to my lunch table. Everyone was seated around, except for my seat of course. I sit down and kiss Ivy's cheek letting her know I was here.

She grabs my bicep and smiles at me stopping the conversation she was having with Claire. "Colton! Hey!"

"Hey, Ives. Sorry I was gone," I let out a nervous chuckle.

She understandingly nods, "Your dad didn't tell me about it. Just that you were angry at someone. You can just tell me later."

I nod my head and begin to eat my lunch. The whole table starts to cough and I look up to see everyone with a huge smile on their face. "So, is it true?" Beau asks looking between Ivy and me.

I smile down at Ivy and shout, "Yeah, Covy is officially official!"

She wraps her arms around me and lays her head on my chest. "What about like Ivon, why Covy?"

Emily laughs, "Well, we have only been working on ship names for the past few years now and we decided that Covy was the cutest one." She pauses for a minute, "I'm just glad my OTP has finally gotten together!"

"OTP?" I ask. What kind of girl slang is that?

Ivy groans, "One true pair." Emily beams and high-fives Beau. We continued talking for the rest of lunch about Ivy and I being the newest and the cutest couple, which I couldn't argue about.

I walked Ivy to our next class and sat down in our seats in the back of class before she turned to me, "What did that Bitch Leah say?"

I roll my eyes and leaned back in my chair, "She was just talking shit, nothing new. She just really ticked me off this time."

She groans before frowning, "I'm going to kill her."

I shake my head, "Ivy we all know you're way too nice to do something like that."

She huffs, "I may be nice on the outside but trust me I would gladly rip her to shreds if I had to."

"Kinky." She glared at me and mumbled something under her breath before listening to the teacher about whatever she was teaching.

We finish school a few hours later and before I know it, I'm back out on the field getting ready for the game tomorrow. As I'm sitting on the bench a pair of arms wrap around my neck. I immediately knew who it was by the fragrance of the perfume she was wearing. I immediately smiled and pulled her around the bench so she was standing in front of me. I mimicked her so I was standing in front of her with a huge smile on her face.

"You know, I should be upset that you're walking around here without a shirt on," her hand touches my sweaty chest, "But, I'm enjoying the view right now."

I smirk, pulling her closer to me, "Oh?"

I pull her even closer so she's flesh, against flesh with me and she lets out a squeal, "You're so sweaty! Let go!"

I laugh and swing her around in a circle, letting her feet hang off the ground. "I'll never let go."

"Are you trying to have a titanic moment?"

I laugh letting her feet touch the ground again, "Maybe I am."

She rolls her eyes, " I swear you like romance movies more than me!"

I shrug, "Hey it just makes me want to have a similar life to a fiction movie!" We both laugh and head back towards our teams to finish practice.

Beau walks up to me and grabs my shoulder to get my attention, "You going to the party tomorrow after the game?"

I cock my eyebrow, "Where?"

"Leah's throwing one."

I almost growl at the sound of her name. Maybe that's why she was inviting me to the party, so she would have a date at her party. "Maybe. If Ives wants to go I'll probably go."

Beau rolls his eyes, "Man you are so fuckin whipped already!"

I pick up a football before throwing it across the field to another guy. "I've been whipped since kindergarten."

"True that." With that, he leaves. Leaving me with only one thing on my mind.

What's going to happen if I go to this party?