The Dance

COLTON

"So, you see that's where the trouble began. That smile. That damned smile." – 13 Reasons Why

It was officially the day of homecoming. I was so excited to see my girl looking as beautiful as ever in a gorgeous dress that she had yet to let me see. How unfair is that? Very. I had just gotten myself into my suit consisting of black slacks and a white button-up with a black tie. She had given me a few hints and helped me pick out what to wear myself so I would match with her.

It was almost five o'clock now so I would be heading over to Ivy's to pick her up and we would go take pictures at the park that was right by our house.

We had so many memories there growing up and I'm glad we can continue making them.

I jog down the stairs fixing my hair one last time before walking into the living room where my parents were, "I'm gonna pick her up and we are gonna head to the park. See you there?"

They nod, "We will leave in a minute, sweetie. You look so handsome!" My mom squealed.

"Thanks, ma." I smiled and grabbed my keys and the corsage I had gotten her before heading out next door.

I fixed my shirt before knocking on the door twice. I stood there for a minute before the door opened and revealed my beautiful girl. My mouth dropped open in shock, "Wow. Ivy. I'm speechless."

I took a step back and bit my fist as I took her beauty in. Wow. She wore a white Lace dress. The colors contrasted with her skin perfectly making her look even more gorgeous than she ever has. She giggled and walked towards me, "Colton you look so handsome!" She kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand.

"You do too," I hit my forehead and groaned, "I mean you look gorgeous Ivy. Truly stunning."

She laughed again, "Thanks, babe. Now let's go to the park!" She grabbed my hand and started to walk back towards my house where my car was.

I led her to the passenger side of the door and before I let her get in I stood in front of her. "What?" She giggled.

I shook my head and smiled, "I don't think I like you being so tall." She was easily a few inches taller than she normally was due to her heels. She still had to look up at me since I was over six foot but she reached my chin now.

She giggled again looking down at her feet, "Don't worry they will probably be off in an hour."

"And I'm assuming I'll be carrying you for the rest of the night, my lady."

She placed her hands around my neck pulling us in closer, "Well of course. I don't know what I would do without my knight in shining armor."

I looked at her lips before gently placing mine on hers. I pulled away after a second and leaned our foreheads together. "Have I told you that you look gorgeous tonight?"

She pecked my cheek, "Once or twice."

"We'll be prepared for me telling you that about fifty more times." I let my hand rest on her jaw as I looked into her eyes. "Well if we don't leave now, I don't think we will ever get to the dance."

She pulled away from me and took a step closer to the car, "I would so much rather just stay here with you and order a pizza but I was craving that restaurant you made a reservation for us." I could feel my stomach start to rumble at the thought of Gramercy Tavern.

I helped her into the Jeep before getting in myself. I drove to the park where both of our parents and friends were waiting for us. "Son, I thought you'd never show up," my dad joked.

I shrugged, "I was tempted not to."

We took pictures for about thirty minutes before all of us headed over to Gramercy Tavern to eat. It was an amazing American restaurant with the best pork loin in New York. I had gotten Beau and Noah to ask Claire and Emily to Homecoming so we all went as a group. They easily said yes.