The Dinner

COLTON

I was awoken by voices. Not just any voice but Ivy's loud ass talking on the phone. I groan and turn the other way and stuff my pillow into my ears to block out the noise. It still didn't block it out enough. I could tell she was stressed. I wonder who would be calling at the crack of dawn. For heaven's sake, it was still dark outside. It should be early in the morning. She sighs into the phone, "Bye. I love you too."

I hear her body lay back down on the bed with a huff and I turn back over to face her. Her hands grab the pillow off my face and her smile immediately brightens up the dark room. "Why are you talking so loud," I grumbled still half asleep so my morning voice was in effect.

Her eyes twinkled, "Your voice sounds so sexy." Her hand touched my face as she scooted closer to me, "That was my mother. She was wondering where I was."

I roll my eyes, "At six o'clock in the morning?"

She purses her lips before nodding, "They just got home. I told them I was over here and they were like "Oh. bye then." And here we are now."

"Your parents suck," I mumble wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I agree." She yawned, "They can see me at a reasonable hour. Let's go back to sleep." And that's exactly what we did. Until ten in the morning.

When we woke up again it wasn't voluntary, it was because of someone. "Colton, Ivy, get your asses up! Ivy's parents will be here soon!" A voice I'm assuming was my sister's filled my ears. I groan and turn away from the noise.

"I don't want to do this knowing you may not have clothes on but-." She rips the comforter off our bodies and I thankfully had given Ivy a pair of sweatpants and a shirt last night.

I slowly open my eyes and glare at her, "Emma, get the fuck out!"

"Get up and I'll leave! If you don't Mom and Dad will surely be glad to come up here to see you in this position."

I can hear Ivy snickering beside me, still cuddled up beside me. I shoot up and narrow my eyes at her, "Oh you think this is funny?"

She opened her eyes, smiled at me, and nodded. "Well, kinda."

"Well, my parents aren't the strict ones who call you at five in the morning. You better go home and get ready before they castrate you."

She pouts before slowly getting up. "Fine. I'll see you soon." She gets up, kisses my cheek, and heads out the door.

I lay there, basically lifeless before I heard my name being shouted from downstairs, "Colton! Get your ass up!" I could tell it was my father's voice.

I groaned, rolled out of bed, and headed into my connecting bathroom to shower and wake myself up. I don't know why I am so tired today. I mean we did get home at midnight, and I was woken up twice. I cleaned myself up and put on a pair of khaki pants, and a navy button-up. I left my hair in a messy state, not wanting to do anything with it.

I headed down the stairs to see my family sitting in the kitchen engrossed in a conversation. "Hey guys."

"Ah, my favorite son has risen!" My mom joked and hugged me and kissed my cheek. I sat down at the island bar beside Emma as my parents stood on the opposite side. "We were just telling Emma that we should invite that little boyfriend of hers to dinner tonight."

Emma groaned, "No! I am not letting him meet the Johnsons. I do not want to scare him away just yet. I actually like him!"

I chuckle beside her, "You know I've never met this mystery, Forrest."

"Yeah, me neither. I would like to have a conversation with the guy who is dating my baby girl." My dad cocks an eyebrow.

Emma sighs, "Fine! I'll bring him here tomorrow, happy?"