The Baby

COLTON

I smiled when I woke up. My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by the great whiteness that covered our city from head to toe. I can't even tell you how much it has snowed this year because it has sure been a hell of a lot.

I try to move but I hear grumbling from beside me. I look down to see Ivy's body spread out across the bed with her head on my chest. She was a crazy sleeper. She woke up in very weird positions.

I start to run my hand through her tangled hair to wake her up. She eventually got the message a few minutes later. "Merry Christmas baby," I tell her kissing her head.

She looks at me and smiles, "Merry Christmas, Colton."

Why she wasn't at her house you ask? Her parents aren't home. They are on a business trip in Italy. So, they just decided that they would celebrate the holiday some other time. I felt bad. She cried when she got off the phone and told her the news. Of course, my family took her in. She was practically their daughter anyway.

A few minutes later we crawl out of bed and get dressed. I wore a pair of sweatpants and a football shirt with our school's logo on it. Ivy on the other hand looked gorgeous. She had this pink sweater on that made her pink lips look even sweeter. Don't even get me started on the tight-fitting leggings she had on. She knew how to get me hard.

We walk down the stairs to see my parents in the kitchen. "Hey guys, Merry Christmas!" I greet them.

"Good morning, Merry Christmas. Want French toast?" My mom asks. I nod eagerly grabbing a plate off the counter and filling it with pieces of the amazing goodness.

Once we all get something to eat we sit down at the table and I look at my family weirdly. "Uh, where's Emma?"

"She went to Forrest's early this morning. They should be back soon," my dad says looking at his watch to check the time.

We finish our breakfast and then wait in the living room for my sister to come back. I was itching to open the present Ivy had gotten me. She gives amazing presents.

I got her something small yet very valuable. I hope she likes it. I also got her a few other small presents. I mean I would hate for her to only open one present while she was here.

Once my sister arrived with Forrest we all went into the living room where the tree was placed in the corner next to our fireplace that was had going. We all find our place on a couch; I of course sat next to my beautiful girlfriend. I had my arm wrapped around her as I watched my mom and dad argue about which present my mother should open first.

After a few minutes of opening presents, I leave the room and head to the hallway closet where I hid Ivy's presents. She's a nosy girl, so I had to hide them. I hand her the terrible-looking wrapped present and she smiles at me, "For me?" She asks.

I look at her and roll my eyes, "No it's for my sister, would you hand it to her?"

She laughs and punches me in the arm lightly, "dick." She tears open the packaging and gasps when she sees the arrangement of clothing items I have gotten her. I got her some of those Lululemon leggings because girls fangirl over those overpriced clothes for some reason. I also got her some Nike shirts. Let's just say I'm not the best at giving gifts.

She reaches over and hugs me gently, "Thank you, Cole."

I smile and kiss her cheek, "that's not everything!" I pull out the small present I had hidden behind my back and hand her the box. She looks at me skeptically before taking it out of my hands. She slowly opens the box and gasps. I chuckle, "It's not an engagement ring don't worry."

She looks up at me and smiles, "It's beautiful." She takes the ring out of the box and places it in the palm of her hand. I had gotten her the Pandora heart promise ring which was a beautiful rose gold color.

I take the ring out of her palm, place it in mine, and look at her. "Is a promise ring. This ring is a promise that I will most definitely be replacing it with a real ring in the future. It's a promise that I will always love you. And that I will always promise to be there for you."

I grab her hand and place the ring on her finger. She reaches over and hugs me tightly, "Thank you, Colton. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Now that was just fucking adorable," Emma exclaims.

My mom scowls her, "Emma. Language!" She rolls her eyes and leans more into Forrest. He looked more nervous than ever. I guess it was just awkward for him maybe since it was his first Christmas here.

Ivy gets off the couch and grabs something hidden under the tree. She lays it in my lap and I admire the nicely wrapped box. I smile at her before tearing the wrapping paper off to reveal the box of clothes. She had gotten me a shirt of my top five college choices. Alabama. Georgia. Ohio. Army. Oregon.

Under the football shirts was another shirt that was a picture of Ivy and me at the state championship football game last month. My favorite picture. It was the cliché football player and cheerleader picture.

She stood on my helmet to add more height to her looking beautiful as always in her uniform as I was all sweaty and gross looking in my uniform. I had my arms around her waist as I kissed her harshly. That was probably one of my favorite days. Because we won the state championship and I had the most amazing supportive girlfriend. I picked the shirt up and under it was a ticket. I looked at her skeptically before picking it up.

The words DISNEY WORLD were written on the ticket. I looked at her with my mouth hanging open as she giggled at me, "We're going to Disney World!"

All my life I had always wanted to go to this theme park. I had been to Disneyland in California years ago but never here. Hell, I've only been to Florida twice.

"You're incredible! Oh my god. When are we leaving?" I ask.

She giggles, "In two days. We are going for New Years!"

"Oh my god, I love you so much!" I wrap her up in my arms and I squeeze her as tightly as I can. I kiss her cheek before settling back down.

Once we finish opening the rest of our presents Emma and Forrest stand up. "I have something to tell you guys," Emma starts.

My mom and dad tense up and they look up at them. "What is it?" My mom asks.

"I'm pregnant."