Special Chapter: Fixing Things

10 Steps to Fix a Broken Heart

Everyone has their 'The One That Got Away', but for me, it's The One I Chose To Let Go.

I took a deep breath and entered the board room. Today, another meeting will commence. We're facing some difficulties attracting tourists because people think we're too "uptight", as they say it.

"Ms. Chou," my secretary greeted me with a bow. I ignored him and sat on my chair. "The board directors are all worried. The sales have decreased by five percent." I gave him a nod and opened my laptop.

"Begin," I said. The employee assigned to discuss the sales decrease started. I was listening to her explanation until something caught my eye. "Stop," I ordered her, "Why is the budget for advertisement used up but I did not sign anything regarding that? Where's the liquidation of the expenses and the signed approval of the proposal?"

No one answered me. They all looked down. I rolled my eyes, "Mr. Lee," I called the head accountant.

"Yes, Ms. Chou?" he sounded nervous. I looked at each and every one of the board members, all of them avoiding eye contact. All except one, I smiled internally.

"Starting tomorrow, all the managers and heads of every department are fired. And believe me, I will find the culprit who stole our budget and he will rot in jail. If he is here, which I know he is, return the money before the day ends and I will let it pass," shock was written on their faces but I didn't care, "Meeting adjourned." I stood up and walked out of the board room.

I got inside my office and locked it. I'm tired already. I want my peaceful life back. I grabbed my phone and looked at my wallpaper.

Momo...

I sighed. I need to get over this. I promised her that I will help her be happy and if that means letting her go to be with Yoo, then it's fine by me. I don't remember why and how I fell for Momo. I just did. Whenever I see her cry, I wanted to wipe her tears away and make sure she smiles at the end of the day.

Calling... Mama

"Hello?" I answered.

"Tzuyu, you fired all the heads and managers?" she told me right away.

"Trust me on this, Mama, I know what I'm doing," I explained to her. She doesn't need to know that someone stole money from us. It'll just cause her stress. I can't do that to her.

"Okay, Tzuyu. And by the way, how is that girl you told me?" Mama asked. I chuckled because she remembered.

"Mama, I had to let her go," I told her honestly. She sighed too and told me that it'll get better then ended the call.

I hope it does.

I watched Momo as she held hands with Jeongyeon under one umbrella. I accidentally saw them on my way back to the office after eating dinner. The way her eyes glow with happiness makes me feel happy that I did the best choice for her. If I had forced myself on her, we'll both end up hurt. And I don't want that.

"Oh, Tzuyu?" I turned around and saw Momo's best friend. I bowed as courtesy. "What are you doing here?"

"I just finished dinner," I told her. She nodded and smiled at me. I looked up and noticed that the sky is clearing up.

"Yay! The rain's over. I don't have any umbrella with me," she chuckled.

Neither do I.

"Hey, wanna go for a walk?" she asked me. I looked at my watch.