FIVE.

v. HONOR CODE!

( can i join?  )

( can i join?  )

bea leaned against the kitchen island, drinking her orange juice.

"so what was our agreement, bea?" brad asked, looking upon his niece. the teen girl sighed.
"i know, i know. come home straight after school, but uncle brad, i have a decathlon meeting." bea lied.

she wasn't even on the academic decathlon team. brad gave her a look, he had never once heard her talk about academic decathlon.

"are you lying to me, bea? you have never mentioned decathlon." the man concluded.

"because you never ask! i always go to the morning meetings because i know how you are about coming home on time and blah blah blah." bea mocked her uncle.

bradley rolled his eyes at the teenager in front of him. the middle aged man walked over, taking the jug of orange juice away.

"you know, just for that, i should change your curfew to nine o'clock." bradley snarked. bea's eyes grew twelve times bigger as she gasped.

"brad, i'm sorry! i didn't mean that." she apologized. bradley glanced at the fifteen year old, knowing that he couldn't stay mad at her.

"your apology is accepted. you can go to the decathlon meeting, just have the teacher that sponsors it call me." brad stated, knowing that kiddo wasn't actually on the team.

beatrix furrowed her eyebrows, baffled.
"i- brad, how would i-, why?" she asked. the thirty-five year old man looked at her.

"i just figured, if you're actually on the team, it shouldn't be too difficult, now should it?" bradley responded. beatrix groaned, walking away.

the fifteen year old girl scooped up her backpack and left the apartment, feeling defeated.

|||

the final bell of the day sounded and the high school students scurried to leave the building. beatrix grabbed her backpack, seeing two guys from her class walking out.

"ned, we're going to be late for the decathlon meeting!" bea heard peter say, causing her ears to perk up. the fifteen year old girl jogged after the guys, trying to catch up with them.

"peter, wait up!" she called out, causing peter parker to turn around in confusion. he didn't know why bea kiddo was calling his name as if they were friends.

the two boys stopped, allowing bea to catch up with them.
"wha...what's up, bea?" peter asked, confused. ned leeds stood next to peter, in disbelief that bea, of all people, was talking to them.

"i-uh, i heard you talking about decathlon. i lied to my uncle and said that i am on the team, and now he wants the sponsor to call him, but i'm not actually a part of the team. so, uh, can i join?" bea rambled, her blue eyes staring up at peter.

the teenaged boy looked at ned before looking back at bea.
"the applications are really past due and they would have to look at your transcript and i don't know..." peter's voice trailed off as his hands made their way to the straps of his bookbag.

"please, peter! i have really good grades, i swear! or...or, you could talk to my uncle. just pretend, it'll be fine! he won't even notice! can you do that?" bea pleaded, reaching out to touch peter's arm.

ned's eyes traveled from bea to her hand that was placed upon peter's arm.
"yes, he can do it!" ned nodded, causing peter to look at him in distraught.