ELEVEN.

xi. SEPARATIONS!

( are you okay? )

( are you okay? )

the teenaged girl's blue eyes danced across the laptop screen, reading a news article that covered her mother's story. frequently, bea found herself searching 'el paso church massacre.' she had read the same article so many times that she lost count, but for some reason, it gave her a sense of relief.

a knock on the door caused bea to jump. shutting the laptop screen, bea looked up. tony stark stood in the doorway with his arm folded over his chest.

"i'm not a parent, but i do know that it is a school night and you should probably be sleeping." tony stated, walking over to the girl.

bea sighed, moving the laptop from the bed to the nightstand.

"tony, do i have to go tomorrow?" she pouted, looking up at the older man. tony understood why she wanted to miss a day, but he knew that bradley was trusting him to take care of bea.

"yes, you have to go. and kiddo, i have a question for you." tony said, sitting at the end of the bed. bea groaned but allowed tony to continue.

"what's your question?" bea responded, leaning her head back on the headboard.
"why do you give your uncle so much crap? he cares about you, so much." tony looked towards bea.

she sighed, shaking her head.
"imagine that one of the only people that you care about knows the one thing that you've always wanted to know. the thing that you've always beaten yourself up over, but then they don't even tell you! the person that you didn't want to hear it, or anything from, tells you." bea ranted.

tony let out a soft laugh. he didn't have to imagine, he had been in the same situation with steve rogers and bucky barnes.

"i don't have to imagine." was the only response that tony had. getting up, anthony stark began to make his way out of the room.

"tony!" bea suddenly got the courage to ask tony what she had been itching to ask him since they left the museum.

"yeah?" he turned to glance back at kiddo. the fifteen year old sighed before asking her question.

"back at the museum, did....did you kill bill?" bea asked. tony knew that he needed to tell bea the truth, as much as it would stress her out, he needed to be honest.

"i'm not going to kill him. however, he got away before i could stop him." tony responded. bea's eyes softened as she realized that bill was still out there, and he could be coming for her next.

|||

bea rested her head against her hand, trying to keep herself awake. her eyelids became heavy as she began to lose the fight against sleep. however, the feeling of falling caused her to jump, waking her out of her sleep.

peter parker's brown eyes glanced over at the sleep deprived girl. while his teacher wasn't looking, he grabbed his backpack and moved to the desk next to bea. the fifteen year old girl perked up, looking over to her friend.

"are you okay?" peter asked. bea wanted to be honest, but she didn't want to stress peter out. she knew that he had his own 'spiderman' things going on.

in all honesty, peter didn't want to burden bea with his problems. he knew that the last thing that she needed was added stress.

"yeah, i'm good." bea lied, adding a fake smile.
"bea, i know you're ly-" peter's attempt to reach out to bea was cut off by the sound of the bell, signalling that class was over.

without allowing peter to complete his sentence, bea scooped up her books and left the classroom without a second thought.