TEN.

x. GOODBYES!

( i was protecting you! )

tony stark never understood the complexity of bea kiddo's backstory. he never understood why she needed revenge, no one truly did. however as he and peter parker watched the argument unfold between bea and bradley kiddo, he was beginning to understand.

"no, beatrix! no! you never think, that's why things could have ended up differently!" bradley yelled. bea glared at him angrily. she had never been so angry at him before in her life. she was enraged, furious. all she could see was red.

"but they didn't! instead, i found out that the man that murdered my mother is actually my father! you lied to me, brad! you lied!" bea screamed.

peter parker watched the argument, often flinching at the volumes of the two's voices.

"bea, you could have gotten shot and what do you do? you call your little middle school friend to help you! you could have called tony, you could have called me!" bradley yelled.

"i, um, i'm actually fifteen, sir." peter interjected, earning a glare from brad.

"i didn't get shot, okay?! peter stopped him, so you should be thanking him! you're so...so, so ugh! you could have told me about bill from day one and you didn't!" bea yelled back.

bradley shook his head, wanting bea to see his side of the story.
"i was protecting you! you and i both know that you knowing about bill would have crushed you!" bradley exclaimed.

bea's ocean blue eyes glared furiously at her uncle.

"well, hearing it from him has only driven me to hate you. i don't want you here." bea folded her arms across her chest. peter looked from bea to tony. was mister stark actually going to let bea stay at his house?

"bea, you can't stay here. you're coming home." bradley shook his head, walking over to bea. the teenager tensed up, not wanting brad to be near her.

"i'm staying here. tony?" bea looked back at tony stark. tony sighed, realizing that he would allow bea to stay for a couple of days to cool off.

"she can stay." tony stated, breaking brad's heart. the thirty-five year old man looked at his niece.

"no. bea, you're going home." brad grabbed bea's arm. something within the silver haired teenager snapped.

"don't touch me! stop!" bea exclaimed, her hands shoving brad's grip off of her. while doing so, her venom shot from her fingertips, wounding brad's hands.

the man hissed at the burning sensation against his hands. his blue eyes flicked to his niece in disbelief. bea could only look at the floor, trying to avoid his gaze.

"you know what, whatever. goodbye, bea." brad huffed out, leaving the stark home.