NINE.

ix. SCIENCE MUSEUMS!

( what are you, some hero in tights? )

"stay together! i understand that you're in high school, but people can still get kidnapped!" a teacher chaperone yelled as the students got off of the bus.

the school was deciding to take their annual field trip to the science museum, and bea just needed an opportunity to escape her reality.

"i hate this place. they overcharge everything in here." the sound of michelle jones' voice sounded bea's ear. the comment made bea smile because it was true.

all of the high school students walked into the museum, awaiting to have their minds blown by the discoveries of science.

|||

bea's eyes read over a plaque that rested upon the wall. the girl looked around, seeing that she was the only person left in the room, besides a couple of others.

"an amazing discovery, huh?" the sound of a man's voice spoke, causing bea to look up at him. she nodded in response.

"it's crazy because each branch of science tells it differently." bea stated, causing the man to smirk. the teen moved away slightly, gripping onto her bookbag.

"you know, you're shorter than i thought you'd be, kiddo." the man commented, causing bea's head to snap up. before she could realize, the guy lunged towards her.

"oh my god!" bea gasped, feeling her chest closing in as she tapped her watch as fast as she could. her suit activated, fitting onto her body as she backed away from bill.

unbeknownst to her, bea's suit sent a distress signal to tony immediately.

"good afternoon, miss kiddo. would you like to make a call?" the a.i. system questioned. bill got off of the floor, stalking towards the teenager.

"what are you, some hero in tights?" bill scoffed. bea panicked, feeling herself begin to hyperventilate. she didn't know what to do and her mind was not in the right space.

"ca-call peter. peter parker." the girl said.

"is that your little boyfriend? y'know, i should kill him and make you watch." bill said, retracting his gun from his holster.

bea's eyes widened as she grew nervous. without using instinct, she aimed her hand forward, causing the venom from her suit to shoot towards bill. the strain of venom that only injured her prey reached bill, causing him to gasp in pain.

the man looked down at his arm that was now turning red and growing blisters. he looked up towards the girl and scoffed.

"you'd hurt your old man, kiddo?" bill smirked at the girl, earning her attention.

"w-what?" bea stammered, staring at bill.
"you didn't know? your uncle didn't tell you about your father? your big bad father? i'll say, kid, you do have my bravery." bill informed.

bea's eyes flickered over bill's face. the only thing filling her head was the fact that bill was her father.

her father. all of these years, and bradley knew. he knew! why didn't he tell her?

bea's distracted mind did not at all register the fact that bill had his gun cocked and pointed towards her.

"hey!" a voice yelled out, and bea's blue eyes glanced over to see peter's web knocking the gun out of bill's hands.

bea stood frozen still, completely in shock over bill's confession.

the teenager girl completely missed peter's big showdown against bill. she completely missed the fact that bill had gotten a hold of his gun again, and this time, he had a clear view of her.

"bea!" peter yelled out as the bullet shot through the air. within the split second, bea realized that the bullet was coming for her. before she could think, an iconic red and gold suit placed itself in front of her.

"parker, get her out of here. now." tony stark instructed. peter parker ran over to bea, both teenagers still in their suits.

"c'mon, bea." peter whispered, tugging on his friend's hand lightly as the two of them ran out of the museum.