Tony: Beat Ya To It

They had warned you about Tony when you guys first got together, but you didn't listen

They had warned you about Tony when you guys first got together, but you didn't listen. You had known better, that they were just petty rumours, but the more those rumours flew and the more you watched Tony, you slowly convinced yourself they were true.

You'd watch how he'd flirt with many of the pretty women at his parties and suspicion grew. You began to wonder what he did when you weren't around. You had had enough of wondering, so in case he hadn't yet, you wanted to beat the player at his own game so to speak.

Tony was hosting a party, everyone invited. You decided to sit back on one of the couches, talking with Pietro about nothing in particular. Eyeing Tony every once on a while, watching how he'd flirt back and forth between the girls. It was irritating, almost as irritating as listening to Pietro drone on and on about speed.

When Tony whispered in the ear of one of the blondes, it was enough to unravel you. Grabbing Pietro by the collar, you pressed your lips to his, earning a surprised squeak from Pietro and a death stare from Tony. Taking things a step further, you climb into his lap, straddling him, unbuttoning his shirt in the process.

As much as he'd like to continue, he pulls away, "Look, Princessa, As much as I'd like for this to happen, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, but it's not fair to Tony," he says, placing you back on the couch and getting up. Speeding past Tony as he's storming up to the couch.

"What the hell!" He was much more than just pissed.

"Don't act so innocent, Anthony," you spat. "I see the way you look at those bimbos and how you flirt, I'm just beating you to the punch line is all."

Tony scoffed, "Okay, yeah, sure I flirt, but so do you." You opened your mouth to retort, but Tony cut you off. "Don't you even try to deny it either. Sam? Bruce? PIETRO? But I never cared if you did, because I had a hope, a trust that you'd be coming home to me, but I see I was wrong in that. And here's another thing (Y/N), contrary to everyone's belief about me, I am a faithful man. Sure, when I'm single, I'm a "playboy," but when I'm in love, I AM faithful."

He sighed, giving himself a break from nearly yelling, he lowers his voice - sadness strung onto every word, "I thought you had more trust in me than that.So, the only thing you beat me to, was you showing me what you actually think of me instead of me finding out later. So, I suppose I should thank you for that. Saved me even more pain."

You could feel and see every ounce of heart ache in his voice

And alone you face the end of the best thing life had given you.