Um...Awkward

They grabbed their back backs from the floor and headed out to the hallway. Bucky shut the door as Steve checked for any unwanted people in the hallway. They headed to the elevator and just before the doors opened Steve reached for Bucky's hand.

The doors opened to a young couple somewhere in their 20s, lip-locked and pressed against the wall of the elevator. Bucky cleared his throat in an attempt to get them to notice the open doors... and they did. They broke apart, the young woman blushing ferociously and pulling her long brown hair over her face. The male straight up and plastered an uncomfortable smile on his face.

Steve and Bucky stepped in the elevator, awkwardly standing near the doors. The smooth jazz filled the small space, adding to the already awkward situation. The two minutes passed by at a crawl.

The young couple, who deeply regretted their actions, was still silent and a deep shade of crimson. However, Steve and Bucky didn't care, in fact, Bucky had put his arm around Steve's shoulders.

Finally, the doors opened and the young couple rushed out of the elevator. Bucky looked at Steve and started cracking up. He hadn't meant to, but the whole situation was so odd.

"What?" Steve asked, trying to hold a straight face.

Bucky caught his breath and said, "That was so weird. What the hell?"

"It's not that weird."

"Oh, come on. That was pretty weird. They were just making out in the elevator and the doors opened on them!" Bucky started laughing again.

Steve raised an eyebrow, "Really? That's funny to you?"

"Yes! It's hilarious, how can it not be? Here, let's just make out in the elevator, I'm absolutely positive that nothing will go wrong at all." Bucky mocked."How could they not think that that action wouldn't end badly?"

"Are you generally upset, or do you want to make out too?" Steve asked.

Bucky looked down, "I mean if you want." He said quietly.

"I was joking, but we have 30ish seconds. But that would only get-"

Bucky stopped Steve from talking by grabbing his shirt and pulling his lips to his. He pushed him off smirking. Steve flustered, looked down and cleared his throat. 

"I-uh-well-" Steve stuttered and rubbed the back of his neck. The elevator doors opened and Steve thanked God silently. "We should, uh, get going."

Bucky still smirking, grabbed Steve's hand and led him out of the hotel.

The streets were crowded and slipping by every person was near impossible. The feat, however difficult, was still accomplished. Bucky dragged Steve through the street, leading him to exactly where Natasha said.

Steve wasn't aware of all the people or the street names, everything was a blur. Steve was only aware of the way Bucky was holding his hand and the way his face was set in a smile. It reminded him of the times before, running through alleys away from people. Of course, the running from people was all Steve's fault, Bucky was just there to pull him out of the muck. Nothing had changed much, the rolls were just reversed.

Suddenly a loud voice yelled out, "Hey you two, stop!"

Steve turned around to see a group of men in suits running toward them. "Hey, Bucky, how far is the jet?"

"A few more blocks." 

"Well, you might want to start running," Steve told him.

"Why? What did you do?"

"Nothing, but those men found us."

"Well, shit Rogers should have said that fist."

Bucky let go of his hand and started running, with Steve on his heels. They sprinted through the people and ducked into an alleyway. A loud clanging followed them, but they didn't look behind them. They sprint across the street and through a small restaurant.

"Sorry," Steve called to the workers as he went out the back door. 

They slowed down upon the old warehouse coming into sight.

"Nat said it's in there," Bucky said pointing to the building.

"Okay, let's go."

They walked to the building and found a door that was falling off the hinges. They stepped in and Steve looked up. The ceiling was made out of glass panels, however, no light entered due to the excessive amount of grime that was caked on.

Heavy footsteps echoed from outside muffled voices followed.

"Where did Nat say the jet was?" Steve whispered.

"She said it was in the building, that's all she said." 

"We better find it because I think they're here."

They headed up a flight of rusty metal stairs. They came to a platform with a view of the building. Out of the corner his eye, Bucky saw what looked like an outline of a Quinn Jet, he turned an lo and behold the Quinn Jet sat there with a nonexistent ceiling above.

"There."

Footsteps thundered in the open building.

"Shit," Steve mumbled.

He grabbed Bucky's arm and led him down the stairs. They ducked behind a tower of empty wooden crates. The men chasing them headed back out the door, but they were stopped when a loud crack brought attention to the space behind the crates. Bucky looked down to see a shattered piece of glass under his foot.

Steve rolled his eyes and pulled on bucky's shirt to get him to follow him. Steve started to run to where the Quinn Jet was, with bucky following close behind him. The men spotted them and ran after them. One of them stopped running and was doubled over to catch his breath. Steve and Bucky just barely made it to the jet when the men caught up.

When they were safely in the cockpit of the jet, they took a moment to catch their breath while getting the plane up and running.

"Well, that was-" Steve started. He looked down at the men, then over to Bucky who waved to the men that were chasing them.

"Fun? Exiting? Awkward?" Bucky asked.

"All of them."

They exchanged kind smiles as the jet ascended into the air.