chapter twenty three: next door

"yoongi, man!" jimin greeted his friend and initiated a brotherly hug.

"oh, right. we have jungkook here." jimin introduced the younger to his friend again.

"oh, i remember you." Yoongi accepted his handshake offering.

"yes hyung, i do too." the younger suppressed a smile.

"let's go? it's still a long drive frome here." yoongi grabbed one of their bags and settled it on the back of the car.

the car ride was quite peaceful, yoongi had the windows down to let them feel the cool breeze of jeju and it's fresh air as well. it felt like they're in a new place, it doesn't feel like korea anymore.

yoongi's pad was quite far from the airport but is relatively near on the famous tourist spots in jeju, some of the must see I must say.

"you're still in for photography, hyung?" jimin asked as they were halfway through the drive. yoongi hummed.

"got a team for myself already and so far it's doing well, it's in fact what I do for a living now." he proudly mused.

"wow, might as well consider and book you for some of my photoshoots, huh?" jimin joked and yoongi just laughed at it.

"we'll do it some other time, then." they chuckled.

"oh, jungkook you're awake." jimin commented as he saw jungkook staring at space, a habit he does when he just woke up. "oh, yeah. I got tired from the trip."

"are y'all hungry?" yoongi asked. "there's no denying I am."

"I'm fine, hyung. what about you jimin-hyung?" jungkook asked them back.

"well, hate to break it but I actually am too." he smiled shyly.

"well, we could drop by my parent's ramen house here. it's on the way." jungkook said as he familiarized the streets.

they took a stop on jungkook's family's ramen house. they ordered ramen for themselves and took some skewers also.

"don't worry, hyung. it's on me." jungkook said as he saw yoongi fiddling with his wallet.

"ah, no. I also took some for your neighbors, they've been craving some old style ramen since two days ago when they came but they were too tired to even go out." yoongi said.

"how about this? i'll pay for what you got then I will let you pay what you got for our neighbors, you say." jungkook suggested which made yoongi smile.

"fair share."

they went straight to the car to endure another five minutes before they reached yoongi's pad and before they knew it they are already there.

yoongi parked his car on the garage and went out telling the boys to just go straight inside and prepare the food before it gets cold as he volunteered to bring some of their bags in their room.

"uhm, maybe I'll be having the foods to prepare. jungkook must be with you to help and at least lead me to our room later." jimin suggested and jungkoom just shrugged. helping isn't a big deal.

"whatever floats your boat, chimmy." yoongi smirked and brought out the first bag and jungkook followed suit holding two bags with him.

yoongi went upstairs, the second floor is wide having three wide rooms. he led him to the room at the far end, the only available room left since the one is occupied and the one is obviously his room.

"hope you'll feel comfortable." he opened the room to reveal a wide spaced, tidy and minimalist room with black and white walls. "thid is fine hyung."

"every room in the house had the same style except for one." he said and pointed the room near the stairs.

"why is that so?" jungkook asked him.

"well, theyㅡ"

"they?"

"yeah, the siblings who arrived two days ago practially paid for everything new inside that room and is somehow relatively a friendly room for my sister who sometimes visits." yoongi explained as he went inside jungkook amd jimin's room showing him around.

"you mean, those siblings who reside on the room opposite ours are more often here than your sister?"

"uhm, those siblings are just close friends of mine who had a special place in my heart I could say." jungkook just nodded and went out as they decided to eat already.

it was dark when they went downstairs and it felt like they spent a lot of time upstairs but somehow understandable since they arrived late afternoon.

"where's the neighbors, yoongi-ah? call them down too so we can eat altogether." jimin suggested as he saw the figures of the two going inside.

"oh, yoongi where's your bowls?" jimin asked.

"let me take over you, you're a visitor dumbass." yoongi said.

"jungkook you can knock and call them out. just say im calling them down and they will follow suit." Yoongi told him and jungkook just agreed.

he went upstairs and stopped midway on the hall, in front of their neighbor's door.

he knocked, once, twice.

he knocked again this time, loudly and somehow there's still no response from the other room.

"is yoongi-hyung sure there are people here?" he is puzzled.

he just shrugged and went on knocking for three times consecutively. when there's still no response he tried to do what he does to jimin and what wakes him up.

"maybe it'll work." he shrugged and before he could slam the door, someone opened it wide. revealing the whole room.

jungkook's eyes widened.

"l-lisa?" he choked on his words.

"uh, yes? what do you want?" she may asked it sassily as it turned out but he was just annoyed as hell for her sleep was ruined.

"jungkook's eyes was wide even more when he saw a topless man on the other bed, but he realized maybe it was her brother.

"uhm, uhㅡ yoong- yoongi-hyung called and said you should come down to eat." he said and lisa just scrutinized him, and afterwards smiled a bit.

"oh right, we can go down together." jungkook was caught off guard and is sure pale as hell. everything was surreal.

"wait a minute, i'll wake him up." lisa said and disappeared in front of him and is now tacking taehyung down.

within a minute, a sleepy taehyung followed behind her sister, without a shirt, sleepy eyes and only on his checkered boxers showed.

"let's go." lisa said and jungkook went down the stairs first with light steps. everything was like floating to him as he can't believe what's happening. he jogged down the stairs and went to the table first before he could collapse anytime.

"oh, did you call them already?"jimin who is on the table asked him, but he didn't reply.

"are you okay? you look sick and pale. is this still from the trip? we'll eat in a minuteㅡoh food is here." jimin said as he observed jungkook and yoongi placing the food on the table.

"you okay, kid?" he askee as he noticed jungkook going pale.

"oh, doll. good thing you went downstairs. let's eat." yoongi said as he saw the figures of the siblings nearing them.

"oh, understandable." jimin smirked and laughed a bit as to why jungkook was pale enough.