chapter twenty four: garden

"hyung!" jungkook screamed his lungs out. they were at the backyard, or which yoongi preferred calling as the garden. they passed their time there over a bottle of wine.

"what?" jimin smirked. he knew how excited and giddy he is feeling.

"hyung, it's lisa. I can't believe it!" jimin rolled his eyes. ever since the siblings went out to explore the city, he cannot help but to blabber about her.

"okay, jungkook. I think you've had enough. let's get you inside, I know you're drunk." jimin stood up and picked up the bottles of soju, three to be exact, placing them beside the wall, behind the bushes where other bottles are also found. he brought the red cups and the ice bucket inside.

"come on, let's go." he nudged the younger but he just couldn't stop smiling.

"you're crazy, and drunk probably so let's go inside, jungkook. this isn't funny anymore." his tone was authoritative, making jungkook open his eyes.

"I'm fine, hyung. I can manage myself, you better get in now." he said and jimin just sighed.

"yeah right, just don't stay up late." the elder just let him be.

jungkook stared at the sky closed his eyes once again. stars are all he can see and the moment he closed his eyes, an image of her flashed in his memory.

he smiled like an idiot again, while eyes shut, he's happy at the thought that her face, her features, she's just extremely beautiful.

she felt so close when jungkook opened his eyes. at that moment, he believed he is drunk. he closed his eyes once again and even slapped himself but lisa chuckled.

"ah jungkook, you must be drunk." he said to himself.

"maybe?" lisa smirked at him. his entire system was caught off-guard. he's currently speaking with lalisa manoban itself.

"you're real?" jungkook freaked out. he doesn't know what to do. should he introduce himself? make a handshake? avoid eye contact? he was clueless.

lisa just laughed.

"of course, why would I be fake?" she took the space beside him, only few meters apart. the girl he's been searching for almost ten years is currently seating beside him.

"what are you doing here?" he asked. "oh, i mean what are you doing here in the garden? at this hour?" he rephrased his question again.

"i just don't feel like sleeping yet, so." lisa shrugged. it's the truth though.

"you just came back?" lisa hummed.

"where's your brother?" he asked.

"well, he'll be back in a bit so you could tell I'm partly waiting for him." she said as a matter of fact.

"where'd he go?" he tried to sound casual but it just felt like creepy enough since he's bombarding her with questions, non stop.

"you don't ran out of questions, you know?" she grinned and he bowed his head down. he's quite shy and it sure felt embarrassing.

"I'm sorry." he said under his breath. lisa just nodded to herself.

"you, what are you doing here at this time?" she asked back and jungkook gulped.

he took a deep breathe before he answered. "it's a habit." it really is.

"how could I forget?" her answer caught him awkward twice consecutive.

"wh-" he couldn't seem to form words out of his mouth. he is entirely puzzled

"well I'm right all along." she smiled to herself.

he doesn't understand. "you're still dumb." she laughed to herself. wow, he missed those. he missed those laughs she had.

"kookie, you've never changed." she smiled brightly and at that moment, all he wanted to do was melt and shout from happiness.