Chapter 1: Jailbreak

A/N: As a quick mention, when a song begins and there's a ... , this the point when the song ends or when you should stop listening to it. 

You are ghoul, just like your parents. Your mother was a nurse at a local hospital and your father never told what he did for a job. Still, your life was very much normal. But, things turned for the worse around when you were 24 years old. Your family was found out to be ghouls, with your father being the first one that got arrested by the CCG, an organization dedicated to the eradication of ghouls. They soon executed your father, and then arrested your mother, who too perished after being tortured and telling them about you. However, unlike your parents, you decided to fight back. 

Although you had been a fairly obedient and peace-loving person, the deaths of your parents instilled you with a hatred for the organization. When an investigator came to your door, you attacked him with your Koukaku-type kagune, gravely injuring him. You were still knocked out cold by the man's teammate. You then awakened in a cell, feeling weak due to the Rc suppressants they had drugged you with. 

...

After what felt like months passing by, you had become quite scrawny and weak. You had managed to stay sane, even with the hunger that now pested you. You only knew one thing the whole time you were in the cell; you were going to die, just like your parents and the countless other ghouls. But one day, there was a knock at the door. You looked up to see an investigator looking at you through the bars of your cell door.

"Prisoner B-13, you have a visitor." he said bluntly. As you were walked to a room, you looked up to the table, seeing a lady of about your age sitting there. She had messy, green hair and quite pretty looks. As you sat down onto the opposite side to the green-haired lady, she looked at you curiously.

"So, you are (First) (Last), correct?" she asked you, extending a hand towards you.
"My name is Sen Takatsuki, horror novelist.". You wondered why she was here.

"That's right." you replied, giving her a handshake, "So, why are you here?"

"I came here to have a little interview with you, maybe get some innovation for my next novel." she replied.

"I see." you mumbled. Over the course of her short visit, the two of you spoke about how you ended up in the hands of CCG, your past overall and other things. It was nice to have someone talk to you, especially after such a long time of solitude. However, like all good things, Sen's visit ended. You were walked to your cell, and you sat down on the cell floor, crawling onto the bed after lights out.

However, your sleep was interrupted when the alarms started to blare, accompanied by the red flashing alarm lights. You crawled out of your bed, looking down the hall. You saw several robed figures, each with a mask of some sort. You noticed that they had kagune, which revealed you that they were ghouls. After the robed ghouls had dispatched the investigators, the started to look around the cells, with one of them stopping at your door.