Chapter 12: Plotting

You woke up in the comfortable confines of the small futon in Eto's room, with her at your side. Last night had been... passionate, to put it lightly. You looked out of the window and saw it was late morning. The sun was shining brightly.

You stretched yourself out and made your way to the kitchen to brew some coffee. You felt good being able to relax and loosen up your usually tense muscles for once. And the best thing was that you were back with the girl you loved.

Not long after you finished making coffee, she had woken up, and had already entered the kitchen.

"Good morning." you said to her.

"Good morning." she said in a slightly tired tone, "I presume you enjoyed last night?"

"It was invigorating." you replied, "So yes, I did. And I couldn't be happier."

"As I expected," she said, "We did go at it like animals."

"Indeed we did." you replied, "So, what next?"

"Nothing for now." she replied, "The Aogiri Tree has no big operations we should get involved in, and I have nothing else to do than stay home and write my next book, maybe try to plan some things out."

"How's that proceeding, by the way?" you asked, "I haven't really had the chance to read any books recently."

"I've published a few books, writing one at the moment." she replied.

"Good to hear that's working out." you said, "Mind telling something about those plans of yours?"

"Well, I've been trying to plan to get that Kaneki kid back to his senses." she replied. You felt irked from the mention of that guy's name.

"Still working on that project?" you asked, "From what I've read in the news, he disappeared two years ago."

"Well, he disappeared, and he also didn't." Eto replied, "He's been turned to CCG's side, goes by the name Haise Sasaki."

"A guy with white hair, black hair growing from the crown?" you asked her, "I think I trashed him and his group a few days ago. Guy doesn't seem like much if you ask me."

"Well, he's not so much a powerful ghoul as he is a leader." Eto replied, "I see in him the potential for a leader who could unite the ghouls of Tokyo to take down CCG, and V."

"Well, as long as you're interested in him as an asset." you replied, "Don't wanna compete for your favor."

"It's purely just a professional interest." she replied, "And besides, you're my type. That kid might be capable, but he couldn't satisfy me."