Chapter 13: Just Another Day

Some hours after you and Eto had captured Kanae Von Rosenwald, a servant of the Tsukiyama family, Eto was having a "session" with the androgynous ghoul.

Her plan was to turn Kanae into a tool with which she could begin the process of snapping Ken Kaneki out of his current Haise Sasaki persona. You went along with the plan because you loved her, not because of what Eto saw in that young boy. You couldn't have cared less about him at the moment.

Now you were waiting outside the room where she was torturing Kanae. You had at one point assisted in the process, placing countless clocks and pummeling her into the dirt if she tried to escape. Most of the job was done by her, though. While you did sometimes come in to check, she was the one who sewed Kanae eyes open and her mouth shut, and impaled her kagune with something that would alter her thinking even further while also boosting her kagune's power. Over time, she had went from a lovesick, androgynous little girl to a psychotic little puppet.

While you were sitting there, Noro appeared. He had walked over to you , looked inside the torture room and then back at you. He had stared at you for a moment before continuing to walk somewhere else.

Eto soon exited the room after she was done talking.

"So, how did it go?" you ask.

"She's ready now." Eto replied, "Now all that is left is to head out to the Lunatic Eclipse building. Kaneki will show up there, and once he does, I'll enact my plan."

"And I'll be get us out of there, right?" you asked her.

"Correct." she said, "If not for you, I might've had to prepare for a frustrating little escape plan."

"As long as you're alive and happy." you told her, "Just try to avoid getting hurt too much."

"Of course, darling." she said, cupping your face, "But before we head out, how about we enjoy some quality time?"

"Sounds good." you replied as you kissed her.

A short while later, you were waiting in the shadows on the rooftop of the Lunatic Eclipse office building, one of several places owned by the Tsukiyama family. While you were on the building, Eto waited in a building close to it. You had your armor-kakuja active in case things got ugly. You heard a lot of commotion from inside the building. Eto had sent Noro inside to stall the Quinx squad. You wondered if he'll survive fighting them all.

"You sure that Sasaki's gonna show up here?" you quietly asked her through the phone, trying not to draw the attention of Shuu Tsukiyama, who was now standing at the rooftop.

"Trust me." she told you, "He'll be here. He used to be friends with the blue-haired guy."

"Right." you said as you closed the phone.