Chapter 19: Clash

You've waited for some days now.

You knew that it was coming.

That disgusting scent of a maniac and his army.

But you were ready. In fact, the 24th ward in its entirety was ready.

The residents and refugees who were not capable of fighting had been moved to safe locations that the Aogiri Tree operatives, now going by the name of The Knights of the 24th Ward, guarded. Former Aogiri Tree executives, their followers, the 0 squad and Kaneki's friends stayed at their base of operations to prepare for the assault that would be coming for them. Eto kept herself hidden so she could ambush the main attack forces when they arrived.

You, on the other hand, were waiting in your den for the smell of CCG investigators and Oggai. Your job was to take them down and then join the second assault. You would first warn the others of the assault beginning by roaring, and another one to then inform them of you joining them.

Some minutes passed as you went through the plan again.

Then you smelled it. The Oggai were coming in from a remote corner of the ward.

You stood up and bolted towards the direction you smelled them coming from. Once you came close enough to their location, you prepared to ambush them once they got close enough. You
could smell just how many of them were there. It was a small army of Oggai and two Quinx.

The Oggai were moving in with the two volunteered Quinx, Tooru Mutsuki and Shinsanpei Aura, a newer addition to the squad. Their task was to attack any ghouls they found, and their second task was to take down, or at least distract the Apex Predator so that the main attack force could move in and eliminate key targets like Kaneki and his close friends.

They had not met any ghouls, and some Oggai suspected that Goat had somehow managed to predict their attack or had moved the refugees and residents deeper into the ward for easier supervision. Either way, many of them remained suspicious.

However, the Oggai detected something nearby.

"Mutsuki, Aura, we suspect someone's hiding behind this wall." an Oggai said as the quinx and the rest of the squad moved in to the location the Oggai was talking about.

"Break the wall." Mutsuki said, "Whoever it is, I doubt they'll put up much of a fight."

"Unless it's the Apex Predator." Shinsanpei said.

The Oggai proceeded to use their powerful kagune to break the wall. However, after the wall had been broken into pieces and some of the Oggai moved in and disappeared into the cloud of dust, a flash of orange illuminated a colossal shadow and the screams of the Oggai were heard.