Chapter 18-the interlude

The next day, we went to the police station.

"What can I do for you?" An officer called 'Drake' asked us as we walked in.

"Can we speak to someone, preferably a detective, about a death that happened. It wasn't a murder, but it could be." Elijah said as calmly as he can. The officers eyes widened and he nodded.

"Yeah, let me go get a detective." Officer Drake sped off into another room. A few minutes he came back with a man who was short and stubby.

"Hi, I'm Detective Green, what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked.

"My mom recently died. But we think that it could have been a possible murder, so we decided to come here." Elijah said.

"Okay, follow me." Detective Green said as we followed him to an interrogation room. All three of us walked in and we sat down.

"Okay, tell me everything that happened." Mr. Green said as he took out a pad of paper and a pen.

Elijah told him everything, from his dad, all the way to his moms death. All Detective Green was doing was writing it down, and nodding.

"So, you think that this Stefan guy killed your mom?" Mr. Green asked. Elijah nodded.

"Yes I do."

"And you think this because Stefan got arrested for an undercover meth lab when you were a kid?"

"Yes sir."

"And on a side note, do you want me to bring your father in for questioning?"

"Do as you wish, sir. But I don't ever want to see that man again." Elijah said and the Detective nodded.

"Alright, that'll be it for now." Mr. Green said.

We got out of the station and headed to the morgue. That was as dreadful as it sounds, so I'll spare you the details.

I got a text from Logan saying that he was ready to be picked up from Jay's. Elijah and I went to pick him up then headed to my house.

"What do you think will happen?" I ask as I sit down next to Elijah after Logan went to his room.

"To be honest, I don't know." As he finished, he got a phone call from Detective Green.

"Hello?——oh really?——Okay, well that's good news I guess.——Yeah, you too. Bye."

"What happened?" I ask eager to know.

"Well, they brought Stefan in for questioning, and he broke almost instantly. He said he drugged my mom, and he said the drug was meth, laced with another drug, that is to hard to say. But he confessed. So we know, who, what, when, why, and how it happened." Elijah said.

"That is such good news. I knew there was something off about that guy. Everything seemed forced with him."

"Yeah..." he trailed off. He looked at my lips, then back at my eyes. I knew what he wanted.

I leaned in a kissed him. His lips felt warm against mine. And it felt so right, like it was meant to be. He wrapped his hand on my waist and the other on the back of my neck to deepen the kiss. The way we were seated made the kiss uncomfortable so I moved to straddle his hips to continue the kiss.

I could feel the tent forming in his pants. So I started to grind my hips on his. I heard him groan.

"Bel-" I snapped my head up and saw Logan staring at us wide eyed.

"Logan?" He shook his head, like he was clearing his thoughts. I got up off of Elijah's lap and walked over to m brother. "Log-"

"No! Don't touch me." He said and stormed off into his room.

"Umm... I think it's best if you go." I said to Elijah. He nodded in understanding and got up and left.