Chapter 24-the news

I woke up the next day tangled up next to Elijah. I got out of his grasp and head to the bathroom, and do the normal things normal girls do in the morning. I go back and pick up my phone, there's a missed call and voicemail from Bobby's mom. I listen to it:

Hey Bella, I just wanted to tell you that Bobby is in the hospital because he was just recently found. And if you didn't know, which I bet you didn't, he was missing for about 2 weeks and no one knew where he was until, like I said, he was found unconscious in an alley by walmart. So he's at the local hospital if you want to come and visit him.

My mouth falls open at the information that just processed through my brain. I call her back, on the third ring she picks up.

"Hello?" I hear a soft voice at the other end of the call.

"Hey Mrs. Emma, I'm calling to ask why I'm just finding out that my best friend was missing for 2 weeks." I say and I see Elijah stir in his sleep so I head to the kitchen.

"I'm very sorry that you are just now finding out. I didn't know what to do. I didn't put up any posters, but I did call the police so they could deal with it. I just couldn't accept the fact that my baby was missing."

"So that's why he wasn't answering my calls or texts." I speak my thoughts out loud.

"Yes dear, I'm sorry to tell you now, but all we can do now is thank god that Bobby was found and he's now conscious and aware of what's going on."

"So he is awake?" I ask.

"Yes dear, he woke up a while ago. He's been in the hospital for 2 days now."

"Again, why am I just hearing about this? Anyways, I'll come by later today. Is that okay?" I ask.

"Yes. The visiting hours end at 9pm."

"Okay, bye Mrs. Emma."

"Bye."

As I hang up the phone I see Elijah walk in. "Hey baby, what's wrong?" He asks as he sits down on one of the bar stools in the kitchen.

"Oh nothing, just that I found out, right now, that my best friend was missing for 2 weeks and has been in the hospital for 2 days!" I say as my voice is dripping with sarcasm.

"Dang, so that's why Bobby wasn't answering your calls or texts?"

"Yeah, I've been totally oblivious for 2 weeks as to why my best friend wasn't answering me." I saw as I get out the bowls and cereal. I turn around to see Elijah taking out the milk and spoons.

"Well, all we can do now is just be happy that he got found. Do you know where he was found?"

"Yeah, in an alley next to walmart!" I exclaim still not believing it myself.

"Dang, again."

"Yeah, dang." I repeat his words for affect. "I'm going to go visit him today and see if he's okay." Elijah comes closer to be and brings me into a hug. He leans down and puts his head on my shoulder.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Yeah," I chuckle. "I'm sure Bobby would love that." I hear Elijah laugh too.

"Maybe I'll stay home then." He says as he backs away smiling.

"Yeah, I think that'll be best because when Logan gets home he won't be alone. I still don't trust him by himself yet."

"Alrighty, you do you boo." I cringe at the words at Elijah just said. When he sees my reaction he laughs.

"Please, please. Don't ever say that again. That was the cringiest thing I have ever heard anyone say before." I say as I laugh.

"Fine! I won't say it again."

"Thank you. And thank yourself because you're saving yourself some real embarrassing moments." He just rolls his eyes and we sit there eating our cereal in silence, totally lost in our own thoughts and worlds.