Chapter 1 - Sakura Cross

Hey, here's my new story! A Vampire Knight fan fic! I wonder if anyone will read this... it's unlikely, the number of VK fan fics there are on Wattpad! But please read! Vote, comment, fan if you really like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Senri Shiki - My Forbidden Vampire Knight

Chapter 1

~~~

Senri Shiki. My crush for life.

I’ve always fancied him, even though he’s in the Night Class. 

My name is Sakura Cross, and I’m the daughter of the headmaster, Kaien Cross, a former vampire hunter. My sister is Yuki, who was adopted. I was adopted too, before her. She was always kind hearted, especially when Zero came. 

Then Kaname turned up. Yuki was really fond of him, and would always shout his name when he came. I didn’t like him much, because he was just another person who came to visit. What I didn’t know, was that he was a vampire.

I didn’t know vampires existed until he spoke to me.

“Sakura. I’m Kaname, and I’ll be visiting quite often. Please don’t be shocked - but I’m a vampire. Vampires do exist, and some are good. Please look after Yuki, after all she doesn’t remember anything. Please teach her how to speak. We’ll meet again sometime.”

Those were the words he said to me when I was six, when Yuki first came. He said it the third time he visited.

Then six years later, Zero arrived. I wasn’t very fond of Zero, because he never spoke to anyone when he came. Yuki always looked after him well, when I just watched them. 

Now, I’m sixteen, once year older than Yuki. We both attend Cross Academy, and I see Shiki every twilight, but only a glance.

~

“Return to your dorm!” I could hear Yuki shouting at the front.

“By saying that, aren’t you just trying to keep all of the Night Class to yourself, Cross-san?” Kumiko Toudaiji, my best friend, retorted.

“Just because you’re the Chairman’s daughter… it’s no fair!” Natsuki spat out. I hated the fact that everyone disliked Yuki, because she wasn’t that bad really.

Suddenly, I was pushed out of my little daydream by a loud,

“AIDOU-SENPAI!”

I quickly returned to reality as I saw the Night Class students come out. Aidou-senpai was the first to come out, and as usual he was killing off all the girls with his cheerfulness. Akatsuki Kain followed after, then Kaname. Yuki had fallen over, and Kaname bent down. I was stuck, my nervous self taking over. My only problem was that I was awfully shy. You would find it hard to believe I was best friends with the loud and confident Kumiko, who could easily stand up to Yuki.

Senri was already out of the gates, as usual, with Rima. How I hated her… she was always with Senri, 24/7. He began to approach me, so I ran behind a tree, still watching him carefully. I hated myself for being so shy, but I couldn’t help it.

“Rima, that modelling we’re doing - where is it again?” he asked. I stayed hidden as he walked past me. For about a millisecond I could have sworn he looked at me.

Suddenly Zero’s voice found my ears.

“Get back to your dorm, right now Sakura!” he said sternly.

“Whatever Zero. You’re not the boss of me. I’m older than you y’know,” I replied, trying to act cool.

“But I’m a guardian. Listen to what I say. Now get back to your dorm.”

I sighed, but left for my dorm. I gave Senri a quick air kiss before running back to my room.

“What took you so long?” Kumiko asked, sitting up on her bed. “Stalking Senri again?”

I blushed slightly.

“I wasn’t stalking him. I was just doing what everyone else did.”

“Yeah, and that makes you five minutes late? Sure Sakura. Anyway, we’d better get to sleep.”

“I want to go visit Yuki.”

I waved to Kumiko before leaving. I wasn’t heading for Yuki’s dorm at all. I knew she wouldn’t be there anyway. I was heading for the Night Class.

I peeked through the window, and saw Senri sitting near the top. Rima was sitting a row above him, feeding him Pocky. I sighed, but was grateful for just seeing his face. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“Kaori!” I whispered, jumping. Kaori Akita was another one of my best friends. She was also quite shy. “What are you doing out here?”

“The same as you. But I’m spying on my Aidou-senpai!”

“Kaori! You shouldn’t…”

“But you are… hmm!”

I sighed, but when she took out a camera, I gasped.

“Kaori! You can’t take pictures of them!”

“Why not?”

“We’ll get caught!” I was seriously panicking. If we were caught…

“Who cares? Owning pictures of the Night Class… Aidou…OW!”

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt?”

I looked at Kaori’s leg, which seemed to have been cut. There was blood pouring out of it, like a tap.

“Come on, let’s go into the forest!”

I half-dragged her into the depth of the trees, where I was sure no one would find us. Too bad. Yuki was one step ahead.

“Sakura? What are you doing out here this late?” she asked, curious.

“Kaori wanted to take pictures of the Night Class, but she got hurt.”

“Hurt? Blood? Quick - return to your dorms! Hurry!”

All of a sudden, she got out a metal rod which extended into a long one. Akatsuki Kain caught it.

“Hanabusa Aidou??? KYA!” Kaori exclaimed.

I couldn’t hear anything else after that… the sight of blood made me faint…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like it? I hope this story is okay so far... hopefully more exciting things will happen later on!! ^_~

P.S The casting for this is Ryoko Ono for Sakura Cross, otherwise known as Mirajane from Fairy Tail! I may change it later on, but at the moment it's the best fit x