R O S E M A R Y

❝ All that is gold does not glitter,Not all those who wonder are lost;The old that is strong does not wither,Deep roots are not reached by the frost

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wonder are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.

- - -

or in which a girl who is a little too obsessed with books finds herself in a new land and in the middle of a prophecy much like the ones she reads about. not to mention that she has to go through this with her best friends and the very boy that she finds herself falling more in love with every day.

she always wanted to experience a journey like the ones she grew up reading about, but now that it's here and she's finding out things about herself that she never knew before, she's in for more than what she had expected.

welcome to the world of Rosemary Claire Kirke.

- - -

The world was silent as William Kirke ran through the forest with his baby girl in his arms. The only sound came from the moving of trees that twisted themselves to help block the path as Will ran past them in an attempt to shield him from what was coming.

Will was breathing heavily and he tried to hush the soft cries of his little girl as the sounds of wolves howling and the jingling of sleigh bells grew nearer. "We're almost there, darling. Just a little further," Will whispered to his daughter, the girl looking up at him with wide brown eyes filled with tears.

He knew she could sense something was off. Her mother had been a dryad, so their daughter had been given the ability to communicate with the trees. Because of this, it would be no surprise if she could pick up on the worried and sad vibe the trees were giving off.

And the trees were mourning the loss of her mother and the girl who was about to be sent to a world where she would be expected to live until the time was right for her to return.

The girl was special after all; she was a part of the big prophecy that was to bring on the Golden Age. Not only was she to be one of the Queens of Narnia, but she was destined to be the protector of the daughters of Eve and sons of Adam.

Will and her mother, Aspen, had tried to hide her for that very reason, knowing that if the White Witch were to find out about her, she would have her killed. For if the protector died, then killing the others would be easy. That plan had failed, however, when the White Witch had found out about the girl only a few months after her birth.

The White Witch had surprised them with an attack and Aspen and the trees had fought off the White Witch as Will escaped with their daughter. Will tried to hope for the best for Aspen, but he knew what had happened as soon as the forest had suddenly stopped responding and had gone quiet while the baby in his arms let out a heartbroken wail.