8

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia! Empress of the Lone Islands!" a dwarf exclaimed as he walked in front of Jadis who was being carried along by her minions through the middle of camp and towards Aslan

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia! Empress of the Lone Islands!" a dwarf exclaimed as he walked in front of Jadis who was being carried along by her minions through the middle of camp and towards Aslan. Peter, Edmund, and Rosemary had made sure to put their horses away before they sprinted over to see what was going on.

Edmund's face was a ghostly pale and Rosemary didn't even hesitate before taking his hand in her own, their fingers interlocking while he squeezed her  hand like his life depended on it.

Susan and Lucy were by the three's side in an instant and they all looked to Edmund who was staring at the White Witch with wide eyes filled with fright. Jadis merely kept her gaze forward and on Aslan as she was set down on the ground.

She stood up and walked a few steps towards Aslan who stood tall and mighty before her. Jadis' eyes flickered over to Edmund and Rosemary gritted her teeth. Edmund was breathing heavy and his grip on Rosemary's hand had tightened ever so slightly.

"You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan," Jadis declared. There were a few gasps from the crowd and Rosemary glanced to Edmund who was looking down at his feet in embarrassment and guilt. "His offense was not against you," Aslan argued.

"Have you forgotten the laws upon which Narnia was built?" Jadis asked. "Do not cite the Deep Magic to me, Witch," Aslan growled. "I was there when it was written." "Then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me," Jadis told him. She looked to Edmund. "His blood is my property."

Rosemary didn't even hesitate before letting go of Edmund's hand and drawing her sword. She took a step in front of Edmund to block him from any possible blows the witch threw their way. "Try and take him," Rosemary challenged, her voice coming out in a low growl as she glared at the witch.

Jadis turned to look at the girl and titled her head slightly as she studied her. "Daughter of William," Jadis greeted. "My, my. How you've grown." Rosemary gritted her teeth. "I remember slaughtering your parents. The sight of your mother's blood that dropped from my blade. The broken pieces of stone that had made up what used to be your father. What a day that had been."

Rosemary tensed slightly at those words, but did not move an inch. Edmund looked to the girl confused, not knowing what the witch was talking about. They had never really had the chance to talk about how Rosemary was half Narnian, so he had no idea what was going on, let alone that Rosemary's parents had been in this land and been killed by the White Witch.

Jadis noticed the tenseness of the girl and smirked. "Do you really think that mere force will deny me my right. . .little Queen?" Jadis taunted. "Aslan knows that unless I have blood, as the law demands, all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water."