6

Even with knowing the effects that Lucy's fire-flower juice has on people, Rosemary was still surprised every time she saw its magic

Even with knowing the effects that Lucy's fire-flower juice has on people, Rosemary was still surprised every time she saw its magic. The claw marks from the bear were completely gone, the only evidence of there ever being a wound coming from the dried up blood on her arm.

Rosemary took a wet rag and started to wipe off the blood, but it was hard since the cut had gone across the back of her arm and she couldn't see it well. Everyone was getting ready to leave and she was attempting to get ready before the battle. She was just about to give up and leave the blood there when a hand gently took the rag from her.

"Here, let me help," Edmund whispered, not daring to look her in the eye. Rosemary watched him as he silently cleaned off the rest of her arm, his fingers dancing across her skin and making butterflies erupt in her stomach.

A look of concentration was on his face as he wiped the blood away and what Rosemary didn't know was that he was concentrating so hard on keeping his gaze on her arm and not looking up at her.

He was upset with the fact that Rosemary was angry with him, not liking that he didn't have the girl by his side. But he couldn't take back what he said and he couldn't change his opinion just for her, so he was just silently suffering by himself.

Once Edmund had finished, he finally looked up and met the eyes of the brunette. He gave her a small smile, one that was obviously forced, and looked back down. "I. . .uh. . .I'll leave you to finish getting ready," he told her as he nodded at her.

He turned to walk away when Rosemary suddenly reached out and latched onto his wrist. Edmund froze under her touch and looked back at her. "Yes?" He asked, but he had barely gotten the word out before she had rushed forward to hug him.

Edmund didn't even hesitate before hugging her back, his grip tightening slightly as he leaned his head against her own. Rosemary's hands balled into fists as she gripped onto his shirt and let out a shaky sigh.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I didn't mean to be rude. I was just hurt that everyone was for Peter's plan and I hadn't been expecting you to agree with him."

Edmund pulled away to look at her, but the two kept their close distance while he put his hands on her arms. "You don't need to apologize, Rosemary," he said. "Don't say that," she told him as she shook her head. "Just say that you forgive me. That's all I want to hear."

Edmund watched her with steady eyes before nodding and saying, "I forgive you." Rosemary visibly relaxed from that verbal confirmation before saying, "Good. I really didn't want to go into battle knowing that we were both upset."

"You really don't think it's going to end well?" Edmund questioned. "I just. . .I have a bad feeling and I don't believe this is the right thing to do. We've been here for not even a day and Peter's already wanting to fight," Rosemary said.