4

"Lu?" Peter asked confused as he looked to Lucy worriedly

"Lu?" Peter asked confused as he looked to Lucy worriedly. She didn't respond and instead stared at the broken door in front of her with wide eyes. Before anyone knew what was happening, the girl had let out a gasp and bolted towards the door. "Lucy!" Peter cried out and the others quickly followed after the girl.

They made it to the broken door and Rosemary let out a small gasp as she looked at the destruction in front of her. They had thought the door was bad, but the inside was even worse. There were tables and chairs flipped over and broken, plates and cups shattered on the ground, and pretty much everything else was broken or shredded in some way and on the ground.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asked quietly as she looked around in disbelief. Rosemary looked at the girl and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Lucy instantly leaned into her touch and Rosemary began to comfort the girl before her eyes landed on the piece of paper hung up on the wall by a nail.

"Look," Rosemary whispered out as she pointed at the paper. Peter looked at the group before walking over to the paper and tearing it off the wall.

"The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen," Peter muttered.

Susan took the paper from his grasp and her eyes flickered over the words. "All right. Now we really should go back," Susan said. "But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asked.

"If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do," Susan told her. "You don't understand, do you?" Lucy asked.

Rosemary looked down at the girl before it all clicked. "You're the human," she whispered out. Lucy nodded. "She must have found out he helped me," Lucy said.

"Maybe we could call the police," Peter suggested. "These are the police," Susan pointed out as she held up the paper. "Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something," Peter told the girl.

"Why?" Edmund asked and the four quickly turned to look at him. "I mean, he's a criminal," Edmund pointed out. Rosemary furrowed her eyebrows and gave Edmund a confused look. Something was off. He was acting strange.

Before she could question him, they heard the chirping of a bird followed by a loud, "Psst."

The five children looked out the doorway and Susan furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Did that bird just "psst" us?" She asked as she looked back at the group.

Rosemary rubbed Lucy's arm up and down once in comfort before stepping away and beginning to walk outside. Edmund saw this and didn't even hesitate before hurrying after her, not wanting her to go out on her own.