Chapter 4: The dolphin and the orca whale

Joy's PoV

"Joy!" I heard Joo-Won shout. I quickly turned and started walking away. I didn't want to talk to him. I was always so nervous around him since he saved me. 

"Hey, wait! Joy!" He continued shouting, but I just walked faster. 

"Damn it. Park Sooyoung! Stand still, right now!" He shouted in anger and I finally stopped and turned around to him. He seemed angry. Of course, he wants to talk to me and I'm running away. 

"I'm moving." Wait. What? 

"Where?" I simply asked. 

"Australia." He answered and I could feel something crushed inside of me. 

I just stared at him, not realizing what he just said to me. 

"I know, we aren't friends, but I thought you have the right to know since you're my rival." 

We aren't friends? Just rivals? Of course we weren't friends... I still stood there, not knowing what to say. 

"That's all I wanted to say. Goodbye." And with that he left me alone. 

My heart started to hurt really badly. I didn't want him to leave. He should stay here. With me. 

Damn it, I didn't even cared about that he was my rival. I wanted him to stay, because I at least thought we were friends. And I didn't want my friend to leave.

Joo-Won's PoV

The days passed and the time for me to leave came. I packed my stuff and my mom loaded our luggage into the car. 

I waited until she was finished with my plush dolphin in my arms. I had it since I was born, together with a plush orca whale. Both had my initials on them. 

When my mom finished I wanted to get into the car, but a voice stopped me. 

"Pabo Gisa! Stop!" I turned around and saw Joy running from a car towards me. I just stared at her and I was confused, why was she here? 

Suddenly she hugged me tightly and started crying. I was a little overwhelmed, so I just stroked her back. 

"Don't go! Please don't go!" She said between her sobs and my confused expression softened. I broke the hug and caressed her cheek with my palm, whipping away a few tears with my thumb. 

"I'm sorry, Joy. I have to go. But..." I looked down at my dolphin and gave it to her. She just looked at me in confusion. 

"I never had much friends. I have this plushy since I was born. It has my initials on it, look." I explained and showed her the SJ on the dolphins fin. 

"It's very precious to me. Like you became precious to me too. You were my first and only rival and somehow my friend too. I can't stay, but my dolphin can. And you will take care of her, until I get back someday." 

Joy looked at me with teary eyes. "H-Her?" 

I chuckled and nodded. "It's a girl. I have an orca whale and that's the boy. Those two are a couple. So please take care of her, alright?" I asked with my soft voice and Joy nodded. 

I kissed her forehead and bid my goodbye. Then I got into the car and we started driving to the airport. I held my orca whale in my arms and pushed it against my chest. 

I just hoped I could get back soon, even if I haven't left yet. I just want to see a smiling Joy again.