Chapter 11: The argument between club mates

I sat at the pool and watched the others swim. Even though this was supposed to be training, I could see how much fun they had. 

My eyes wandered around until I saw her. The girl that made me feel so strange. Park Sooyoung. Joy. My rival. My... friend. 

I watched her as she jumped into the pool. She looked so gracious. My eyes were glued to her and time seemed to slow down. 

I don't know why, but I loved watching her. I loved it more than competing with her. That was so strange. A few weeks ago, my priority was to beat everyone who thought he was as good as me. And now... I'm just sitting here and watching the others. 

My eyes were still glued to Joy. She came out of the pool and it was the first time I really noticed how perfect she was. I mean, just look at her! That perfect curves in this tight swimsuit... dripping wet... Okay, I should really stop now, before I start thinking bad things! (A/N: You know what things I'm talking about hehehe) 

I shook my head to get those thoughts out of my head when I felt someone pushing my shoulder roughly. 

"Hey, what do you think you're doing here? If you don't want to train with us then don't freaking come here!" Chanyeol, one of my club mates shouted at me. I just looked at him with wide eyes and didn't know what to say. 

"Hey, what's going on here?" I looked around and saw Joy coming to us. But Chanyeol didn't even bother to look at her, he just grabbed my hair tightly and I flinched in pain. 

"Just because you think you are so good and so cool, doesn't mean that you can sit around and do nothing while we are actually working our butt off to improve!" 

"Hey, let him go Chanyeol! You're hurting him!" I heard Joy yell at Chanyeol, but he just pulled my hair. 

"It's not my fault that I was born with great talent." I said cockily while glancing up to Chanyeol's face. But this seemed to make him even angrier and he raised his hand to punch me, but Joy pushed him into the water before he could actually hit me. 

"Damn it, I said stop it!" She shouted at him as he popped up from the water. He coughed a few times before shooting death glares at both of us. 

"Just go fucking swimming, Sun Joo-Won..." He said as he swam away. Joy exhaled deeply and kneeled before me, patting my head softly. 

"Are you alright?" I just nodded and looked down. I didn't want anyone to hate me, but apparently Chanyeol hated me now. 

"I'm sorry..." I mumbled. 

"Hey, don't say sorry. Chanyeol should say sorry. He didn't have the right to shout at you like that. Everything's fine now." Joy said and hugged me. 

I gulped as I felt her this near to me. My heartbeat got faster and my face heated up. What was wrong with me? 

"Let's drink something and then swim together, okay? Just for fun, no racing or anything. To calm down." Joy suggested and I nodded happily. 

We went to our stuff and drank from our water bottles. But my water tasted odd. Was it old already? I should check if my water was fresh before I go to practice. 

I shrugged it off and Joy and I jumped into the water. We swam around a little and had fun on our own. I swam away to the deeper area and looked back at Joy. She was smiling and started to follow me, when suddenly my sight went blurry. 

I felt so weak. I couldn't move anymore. Everything went black as I felt the water around my body and the last thing I heard before I lost my consciousness was Joy's muffled voice. 

"Joo-Won! No!"