Chapter 9: Kiss?

Some weeks passed.

Joy and I, we became good friends over the time. It was just like in elementary school, but instead of hating me for being better than her, Joy enjoyed the challenge.

In the swim club, we were training for an upcoming competition. Both Joy and I were very excited. We fooled around with each other and we both tried to be in best condition for the matches.

When the day of the competition came, both of us smiled very brightly. We were excited. Joy was excited because she always was excited to potentially meet a good swimmer. And I was excited because I wanted to show Seoul City my skills.

That they had a new star swimmer now, besides Park Sooyoung.

The moderator introduced all swimmers shortly before the competition started. I decided to go by my korean name again, since I was living in Korea right now.

“The first match will be between Sun Joo-Won and Kim Tae-Min! Please get ready.” The moderator announced and I walked towards the starting blocks.

“Hwaiting!” I heard Joy behind me and I had to smile. I climbed the stairs and got in position. When the judge gave us the signal to go, I jumped into the water and started swimming very fast.

As expected I won with a great distance to my opponent. I got out of the water and high-fived Joy and my other club members.

“The next match will be between Park Sooyoung and Lee Taeyon!”

Joy looked at the moderator and mumbled something, but I couldn’t understand her. Then she went to the starting blocks. She got in position and jumped into the water at the starting signal.

Everything went fine for the first lane, but when they flipped I noticed that Joy moved weirdly. Suddenly she stopped, cried for a second and she started to sink. I widened my eyes.

Shit! She got a cramp! I didn’t wait for the lifeguards, but jumped into the water myself.

I dived down and wrapped my arm around her small waist. I pulled her back up and got us both out of the water.

“Joy! Joy! Wake up!” I shouted, but she didn’t move.

“She needs CPR! Now!” I shouted.

“The first-aid men will be…” “We don’t have time for that!” I said aggressively and took a deep breath.

Then I moved my head down to hers and locked our lips. I kept going for a few seconds and stopped when I felt her coughing. I moved away and looked at her as she coughed out some water.

“Are you okay?” I asked worried.

“Y-yes… I’m fine.” She said with a small voice. She probably just had a shock right now.

Joy’s PoV

“The next match will be between Park Sooyoung and Lee Taeyon!”

I looked at the moderator and widened my eyes.

“Crap, I forgot to warm-up… Well, it has to work out without one…” I mumbled to myself and got in position.

I jumped into the water at the starting signal and did my best. The first lane was no problem for me. But when we flipped I felt some pain in my leg.

Oh no… just a little more…

Suddenly my leg went numb and I felt great pain. I cried out and started to sink.

Damn it…

I still tried to fight my way back, but I lost consciousness from the pain.

I heard some noise. But it seemed so far away. I felt my consciousness returning slowly. The voices became more clear.

“We don’t have time for that!” I heard a familiar voice and my eyes fluttered open a bit. I knew it was Joo-Won.

Suddenly I felt something on my lips. I widened my eyes and actually stopped breathing because I was so shocked.

But after a few seconds I started coughing and he pulled away. I turned to the side, coughing out the water from my lungs while growing very red.

“Are you okay?” I heard Joo-Wons soothing voice.

“Y-yes… I’m fine.” I mumbled.

He… he just kissed me…

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: OMG GUYS, I'M BACK!!!

It has been so long! I'm very sorry I kept you all waiting and I hope I didn't lose all of my readers because of my stupid writer's block ^^'
I want to apologize again that I took so long, but whenever I edited this chapter, I was never satisfied with it. I just hope you liked it. Because I'm still not sure about it.

I also hope I can write and publish the next chapters faster now. Wish me luck, okay? ^^

It's good to be back... But that's it for today. Author-nim out!