Chapter 7: We meet again

I sat in the living room and drank some tea while reading the newspaper. Yeah I'm that kind of person. 

I just want to know what happens around me, the other stuff isn't that important. I read some of the articles until one catches my eye. 

"Local star swim club reaches rank 1 on the rank list. Star swimmer Park Sooyoung in all glory." 

Park Sooyoung? The girl that is supposed to be my rival from the past? I looked up were the swim club meets for practices and called for Wendy. 

"What is it?" She said sleepy as she rubbed her eye. 

"We're going to become members of this swim club." I said, still staring at the article. Wendy looked over my shoulder and read some lines. 

"That's a star swim club. You really think, you're good enough?" 

I shot my death glare at her and she raised her hands in apology. Then she turned around and walked back to her room. 

"Fine, but I will apply as trainer." I nodded and packed a few things. Even if they didn't want me in the club, I can still use my time there to swim. 

Wendy and I took the bus to the clubs practice place and we were a bit overwhelmed by it. It was a huge swimming hall with various pools. I looked around and saw a few people in matching swimsuits. Those must be the club members. I walked over to them, but a security guard stopped me. 

"What do you want here?" He asked sternly and I stared at him. I noticed how someone turned around and I recognized her as the Park Sooyoung girl. 

"W-We want to become members of the club. Can we talk to the club president?" Wendy explained, but the security guard still looked like he wasn't going to let us through. 

"No-" "Sure, just follow me." Park Sooyoung interrupted the guard. 

The guard didn't look pleased, but he couldn't say something against the star swimmer. I smiled a bit at Sooyoung and we followed her to an office. 

"It's nice to have new recruits. It's getting boring here, maybe one of you two is actually a challenge for me." Sooyoung laughed and stopped in front of the office. 

"Good luck." She said and Wendy bowed a bit. 

Then we knocked and got in after we were told to do so. A few minutes of conversation and paper filling later we were accepted as new members of the club. Wendy told the president about her knowledge of techniques, so she was accepted as trainer. 

I changed into the clubs swimming trunks and got to the other members. A few girls turned around and looked at me, some squealed. I don't know what's wrong with them. I wasn't the only boy in the club. Sooyoung widened her eyes as she saw me. 

"Nice abs, dude." She said and I finally understood why the girls were squealing. 

"Ok, how about our new members introduce themselves?" The coach said and Wendy reacted first. 

"Right. My name is Wendy Son, nice to meet you. I'm one of the new trainers because of my knowledge of different techniques. I'm looking forward to working with you all." Then she bowed. I cleared my throat and started with my introduction. 

"My name is Joshua Sun. Nice to meet you. I consider myself as a great swimmer, so please be a good challenge for me, besides being my club mates." I said with my monotone expression and bowed. The members started whispering, but I didn't care. 

"Great swimmer, huh? What do you think about a match against me, Joshua?" Sooyoung suddenly asked and I looked at her. 

"Of course. Please do your best. Don't hold back, okay?" I said and smirked. She nodded and made her way to the starting blocks. 

"What are you waiting for?" She said as she turned to me. 

I got to the blocks and positioned myself beside her. My head hurt a little and an image from my past flashed before my eyes. It was me and a girl, standing side by side on stating blocks, ready to compete. I shook my head and got back to reality. 

"Ready? Set! GO!" The coach said and we jumped into the water. 

I somehow had a deja-vu, but I couldn't fully remember.