Sober (Lucas Jade Zumann)

A/n: I hope you guys are enjoying all of the imagines so far! <3

Y/n heard a loud bang on her front door which made her flinch on the couch. She moved her blanket away from her and got up to see who it was. She walked cautiously towards the door and looked through the peephole.

She saw brown curly hair and knew who it was instantly. She opened the door and he looked at her sheepishly, "Lucas, you scared the absolute shit out of me!" She exclaimed and he clumsily walked in.

She closed the door and when she turned around, he slowly fell into her. "Woah." She said as she caught him. The smell of alcohol filled her nose as she led him over to her couch

He sat down and then looked up at her, "Where were you?" She questioned. "P-party." He stuttered and grabbed her blanket. He wrapped it around him and closed his eyes.

Y/n walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cabinet. Then got water from the fridge and poured it into the glass.

She went back over to Lucas and handed it over to him. "No." He pouted crossing his arms over his chest.

"Come on, you need to sober up." She said and he turned away from her which almost made the water spill. "Fine." She groaned and placed the water on the coffee table.

Lucas turned back towards her and just looked at her. "Why do you do this?" Y/n questioned and he just looked at her confused. "Do what?" He asked slightly slurring his words.

"Drink." She stated and he just turned his head to the side. He moved a piece of hair away from her face and she held her breath. "I only drink whenever I'm sad." He said now twirling her hair around his finger.

"What were you sad about then?" She gulped and he moved his hand away.  "Whether or not if Y/n is in love with me. I couldn't bare it if she didn't." He said softly and her eyes widened.

"Please don't tell her!" He said quickly and she chuckled softly. "I won't." She replied and he nodded gratefully. "What do you like about her?" She asked curiously.

He then got a dreamy look in his eyes, "What's not to like? She's beautiful, smart, amazing and she would do anything for me. Even when I'm in state like this." He sighed now laying his head onto her shoulder.

"You can sleep in my room tonight if you want." She whispered and he looked up at her. "I can just sleep here." He murmured and closed his eyes.

She began to admire his face as he laid there soundly. Some of his curls were resting on his forehead and she couldn't resist the urge to touch them. She brushed her hand over his curls to put them back into place.

She then began to move him slowly trying not to wake him. She laid him down and covered him in the blanket. "I love you too, dork." She whispered and placed a quick kiss on his forehead. She swore she saw his lips quirk up into a smile as she walked away.

The next morning, Y/n had totally forgotten that Lucas was still here. She almost had a heart attack when she saw him still sleeping on the couch.

She decided to go ahead and make breakfast even though he probably wouldn't be that hungry. She was flipping the pancakes when she heard her name being called.

She put the pancakes on low and walked over to him. "My head is killing me." He groaned as he sat up. She handed him a bottle of pain killers.

He smiled at her gratefully and put them into his mouth. She handed him a glass of water and he swallowed the pills down.

"Thank you." He breathed and she just nodded. Her heart raced as she waited for him to mention what he confessed last night. Maybe he didn't remember? If he didn't, she still knew she had to ask or it would just bother her.

"Uh...Lucas?" She said and he looked up at her. "You said something last night and I just wanted to know if you remember." She said biting onto her lip anxiously.

"I meant every word." He gushed and she felt her heat hammer even harder then it already was. "Really?" She asked now smiling widely.

He smirked, "Of course. They do say drunk thoughts are sober ones." He said grabbing her hand and rubbing his thumb over the back over her palm. "I love you." He confessed and she blushed. "I love you too." She replied.