Jealous (Gilbert Blythe)

Requested on my Tumblr where I also post my imagines, username is the same as this one <3

(I made an imagine already called Jealous but it was of Lucas and to be honest I don't know what else to name this so 🤷🏻‍♀️)

Y/n sat down beside her new found friend, Cole. A while ago, Y/n stood up for him when he was getting bullied by Billy Andrews. After that, they immediately connected and had soon became really close friends.

Y/n had been pretty sad recently due to her best friend and crush, Gilbert Blythe leaving. This made her sort of close herself off from everyone while he was away. Somehow, Cole had broken her out of her shell and now she had never been happier.

Here they both sat in class as Cole was braiding her hair. The other boys were laughing at them but they both paid them no mind.

Y/n was telling Cole all about Gilbert while Cole just listened to her ramble on. "You really do like him." Cole said and she started to blush.

They then heard the door open, "Gilbert!" Y/n then heard someone say and she felt her heart race. Cole stopped braiding her hair as she turned to look at the boy she had not seen in so long.

Gilbert's hazel eyes met Y/n's and her breath caught in her throat. He was leaning up against part of the wall. His eyes trailed over her and then looked over to the boy sat next to her.

He looked between them and then looked back at Moody who looked happy to see him

He looked between them and then looked back at Moody who looked happy to see him. Y/n watched silently and then looked over to Cole.

"He seems angry." Cole murmured and she just gulped. Her heart was pounding out her chest as she sat waiting for Gilbert to approach her, but he didn't.

Y/n soon stopped looking and looked over to Cole who was now finishing braiding her hair. They both laughed and smiled at one another which made her back in a good mood again that she didn't even notice eyes watching the two of them.

************

The school day ended and Y/n was walking out of the school house with Cole who would always walk her home. "Gilbert can't stop staring at us." Cole murmured and she then looked over to Gilbert who had his eyes on the both of them.

Y/n caught his gaze and just turned away. "It's ok. Let's go." She said grabbing Cole's hand, now leading the way down the path.

"Y/n, wait." Y/n heard a voice that could always make her weak in the knees. She turned around slowly to see Gilbert staring back at her.

"Yes?" She questioned and Gilbert looked at Y/n hand that was holding Cole's and felt his jaw clench. "Can I walk with you?" He questioned and Cole just smirked. "She's all yours." Cole teased now letting go of Y/n's hand and giving her a wink.

Y/n glared at Cole then watched as he walked away. She then turned towards Gilbert and he just stared at her. "Shall we?" He said gesturing to the trail before them.

"We shall." She said softly and began to walk with him beside her. They walked in silence not saying a single word to one another.

"Who's your new friend?" Gilbert then asked out of nowhere. She looked over to him and she noticed how tensed he seemed. "His name is Cole, we just became friends a while ago." She said looking down at her feet as she took each step.

"Do you like him?" He then asked and she stopped walking. "Are you serious?" She questioned and he stopped to turn towards her. "What?" He questioned now raising an eyebrow.

"Are you seriously asking me that right now? You've been ignoring me all day." She said now growing annoyed. "Then you just leave, don't even try to send me letters while I'm here being sad that you're gone." Y/n said now shouting.

Gilbert just stood dumbfounded as he looked at her, he didn't realize the effect he had on her. "I'm sorry." He said now feeling sincere.

Y/n then began to keep walking and Gilbert jogged to keep up with her. "Sorry doesn't fix things. You can't just play around with my feelings and then just leave." She exclaimed.

Gilbert then grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards him. She was now up against a tree while he hovered above her. His breath softly tickling her neck at his closeness.

He held onto her hands as she tried to resist him. "I'm really sorry about leaving you. I would've have written to you, it's just I got too nervous and I didn't know what to write. I'm sorry." He said now looking into her eyes.

She gulped as she still held on her trembling hands and bit her lip. "Why were you nervous?" She whispered not knowing that he actually heard her.

"Because I like you and then seeing you with Cole just made me really....jealous." He confessed and she blushed.

"I'm sorry, I avoided you. I just knew I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to do this....." He said now placing his hand onto her cheek and pulling her into a soft kiss. Their lips moved together slowly and fit each others like two puzzle pieces.

He then pulled away with his forehead resting onto hers. She felt her breathing becoming ragged as she stared at him.

"I'm sorry." He said again and she just smiled. "I forgive you...." She trailed on and he moved away from her now letting her move away from the tree.

"So, you like me?" She teased and he just grinned. "I do, a lot." He revealed and she grabbed his hand lacing her fingers with his.

"Well, you're in luck because I like you too." She smiled and he smiled down at her. "If that wasn't evident enough." He smirked and she just glared at him playfully.

A/n- Again, I never know how to end these. But, season 2 was absolutely amazing and if anyone here is a new reader then hello and welcome to the fandom!! I would also like to say that season 2 really filled me with loads of inspiration so if you have any requests then please comment them or just dm me!