Denial (Gilbert Blythe)

"Please, just one date." Billy pleaded to her. Y/n was putting her things away when he had approached her. Billy had been trying to get with her for quite a while. It was starting to get really annoying.

"I'm sorry, I just have something to do." She said hoping that he would believe her. She placed her bag onto her shoulder and opened the door.

She walked out and he followed. "Is this because of Gilbert?" He asked and she stopped walking. She turned towards him, "What about Gilbert?" She questioned and he sighed.

"Everyone knows that you guys have a thing for each other." Billy replied and she just looked at him bewildered. "Uh, Gilbert and I are just friends." She retorted.

Y/n then looked over to Gilbert who was just now walking by. "Hey, Y/n." Gilbert said wrapping his arm around her shoulder to pull her close.

"Hey." She replied now smiling and Billy looked between the both of them. Gilbert looked at Billy, "Is he giving you any trouble?" He questioned and she just shook her head. "It's fine." She reassured and Billy walked away not wanting to interfere anymore.

The next day, Gilbert waited for Y/n at their meet up spot in the woods where they would then begin to walk to school together. Everyone had always thought they would end up dating but they would both always deny it.

Billy would still try to make him move but Y/n would always say that she was busy because she didn't want to hurt his feelings by saying no. Nevertheless, Billy still tried.

They would always walk through the woods just talking about the most random things until they would get to school. "Why do people always think we like each other?" Y/n asked Gilbert and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"I think it's just because of how close we are." He stated and she just nodded. She knew that she didn't have any romantic feelings towards Billy. Part of her always had felt something between her and Gilbert but she never would admit it. If Gilbert felt the same way then he would've said something by now.

They walked into the schoolhouse and put their coats up. They both parted and Y/n sat down beside Anne. Billy then walked over to Y/n with flowers in his hands.

She looked up at him and she could feel her cheeks become red from her classmates stares. Gilbert was watching as Billy smiled at her. "Y/n, I won't give up until you say yes to a date with me." He said grinning and handing her the flowers.

She grabbed them and brought them up to her nose to smell. "They're lovely, thanks Billy." She said now smiling and their classmates still watched.

"So....will you go out with me?" He asked now hoping she would say yes. "Um...." Y/n but her lip as she thought it over. Gilbert then got up from his seat and walked over to the both of them.

"Actually..." Gilbert said lacing his fingers with Y/n's. "We're together." He revealed and everyone began to whisper to one another.

Y/n looked at him confused and Billy just sighed. "Well, I wish the best for the both of you." Billy said clearly angry and went back to his seat. "Gil?" Y/n questioned and Gilbert then led her outside.

"What was that?!" She exclaimed and he let go of her hand. She felt her heart race as she looked at her best friend. "I'm sorry. I just couldn't sit there and watch him ask you out." He groaned.

"Why not?" She said hoping he was going to say what she wanted him to say. "Because, I have wanted to ask you out for so long but it was just so hard for me to actually admit that I was in love with my best friend." He insisted and she looked at him surprised.

"You should've said something a long time ago." She murmured. "Because I'm in love with you too idiot." She gushed and he smiled widely.

He wrapped his arm around her shoulder like he normally did and kissed her cheek. "We should head back inside before Mr. Phillips gets mad." He said and then kissed her forehead.

A/n: Didn't really know how to end it XD