Secret (Gilbert Blythe)

Request- dxddyxlone

Summary: Gilbert is friends with the reader but they have been secretly dating and someone catches them kissing.

Y/n felt stares on the side of her face as she wrote the problem onto her slate with chalk. She gracefully wrote each number just as Mr. Phillips did on the board up front.

She felt the blood rush to her cheeks as she knew perfectly well who was staring at her. It was her best friend, Gilbert who she was also secretly dating.

They both have been keeping it a secret mostly because of the so called, "dibs" that Ruby Gillis had on him. She turned to look over at him and he smirked at her.

She glared at him playfully as if to say stop staring or people would notice. He just kept smirking like the idiot he was which caused Mr. Phillips to notice the exchange.

"Is there something you would like to share with the rest of the class, Miss. L/n and Mr. Blythe?" Mr. Phillips asked and everyone snapped their attention towards the two of them.

"Um, no sir." Y/n said sheepishly and Mr. Phillips rose an eyebrow but turned back to the board to continue the lesson.

Y/n looked back down at her slate and continued to write the problem out. She still felt Gilbert glance at her every now and then but just ignored him.

Class finally ended and Y/n began to walk out of the schoolhouse. She looked over to see Gilbert talking to a group of friends until he walked up to her.

They walked side by side as they normally did until they thought they were out of sight. Gilbert then stopped walking and grabbed onto her wrist to turn her towards him.

She blushed from the all too familiar touch and he smirked down at her. "I've missed you." He pouted and she smiled. He pressed his soft lips against her and their lips moved together slowly.

Y/n dropped her bag and wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him closer. He laid his hands on to her waist and smiled as he continued to kiss her.

They then heard a gasp and pulled away quickly from one another. They looked over to see Diana Barry, one of Y/n's best friends looking at the both of them with her mouth agape.

Gilbert quickly let go of Y/n and they both stood awkwardly as Diana looked at them in shock. "Um, I can explain?" Y/n said slowly and Diana just still stood in shock.

Y/n picked up her bag and gave Gilbert a quick peck on the cheek. "I'll see you later." She whispered and he just nodded shyly.

Y/n took a hold of Diana's hand and they began to walk away. When they were somewhat far enough, Diana looked at Y/n.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Diana questioned and Y/n looked down nervously. "Well, I just thought you would think I was some kind of traitor for dating Gilbert when Ruby has "dibs" on him." Y/n sighed and Diana grabbed onto Y/n's wrist so she would turn to look at her.

"I would never think that. You're my best friend. I love you and nothing will change that. Not even some stupid dibs rule." Diana sighed and Y/n smiled at her widely.

"Really?" Y/n asked softly and Diana nodded. "Really." Diana responded and hooked her arm with Y/n's and they began to walk again.

"Now, tell me all about him." Diana gushed and Y/n began to tell her every little thing she loved about Gilbert. Diana listened eagerly to each word, she could tell that her best friend was in love with him.