The Date

I took a deep breath as I walked up to Raven's door. I adjusted my amethyst bow tie and knocked on the door lightly. "Hey Rae, are you ready?" I asked. "I've been ready." She said, walking out of her room. She was wearing the same outfit as earlier, and her hair was curled. She was also wearing amethyst eyeshadow to go with her earrings and pale pink lipstick. "Alright, now just put this blindfold on." I said, handing her a black blindfold. She looked at me questionably but did as I asked/commanded. I grabbed her hand and nervously led her to the park. "Can you tell me where I am yet?" She asked as I dragged her through town. "Not yet!" I said as I dragged her to the park. When we finally got there I smiled as I sat down on the picnic blanket. "Now, you can look." I said. She took off the blindfold and almost fell into the lake. I quickly got up and grabbed her hand. The moon was pretty bright, so I could see every detail of her perfect face. I led her to the picnic blanket. "Ta-da! Shakespeare in the park, and a picnic. Do you like it?" I asked. Her mouth hung open and my ears drooped. "I knew I should have done something else! Anything would be better than this. It's so cheesy, so cliché!" I rambled. She gave me a peck on the lips to shut me up. "It's perfect Beast Boy." She said happily, sitting down. I grinned widely and sat beside her. "I brought tofu for me, Caesar salads for both of us, croissants, grilled chicken for you, and a chocolate cake for us to share." I said. She smiled at me, showing her teeth. Romeo and Juliet started, and the small crowd quieted down. Raven started crying at one point, and I was there to comfort her. I loved that feeling. Although I did feel bad that someone's picnic blew up. At the end everyone picked up and no one had exploded food. Weird. I ignored that fact and helped Raven pick up our mess. "C'mon, the night isn't over yet!" I said, dragging her to the arcade. She rolled her eyes but agreed to play a few games. We had enough tickets for a plastic ring. She slid the ring on her finger, and I knew it was the perfect time to do what I had been planning. We have officially been dating for a year, and I just hope she didn't think it was to rushed. "Hmm...I don't think that ring fits you." I said, trying to suppress my grin. She looked at me, confused. "Try this one on." I said, pulling out a box with a ring in it. I got down on one knee and opened the box. "Raven..." I began. Here I was proposing and I didn't know her middle or last name. "Ariel Arellasdaughter." She said. (I'm just doing this like in Eragon, except with the mother's name and not the father's) "Raven Ariel Arellasdaughter, will you make me, Garfield Hasani Logan, the happiest man in the world and marry me?" I said. She had turned 20 on February 5th, and I would turn 20 on September 17th. (I don't know BB's actual b-day, and I couldn't find any of their ages. Let's just agree they were sixteen at the beginning of Safe. 'Kay?) You could see tears in her eyes, and I wasn't sure if they were happy. "Beast Boy..." She began. My own eyes watered, and I knew the answer was no. "OF COURSE!!!" She said. I smiled as she wrapped her arms around my neck. The ring was silver with a 1 carat amethyst in the center. We walked back to the tower, the stars and moon being our only light. "Sheesh, where'd y'all disappear to?" Cyborg asked as we entered the tower. "I've been having to play video games with Bee 'cause Robin and Star are still out. She stinks at 'em!" He exclaimed. "Says the guy who got his butt kicked nine times." Bumblebee said, amused. He turned scarlet. "REMATCH!" He exclaimed. "Hey, what's that on your finger?" Bee asked her curiously. "Oh, just a ring..." Raven replied. Bee's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates. "YOU PROPOSED?!?" She screamed at me excitedly. "Yup!" I replied happily, giving Rae's hand a squeeze. "That's great!" Cy said. It was. It really was.

I'm working on the next chapter, so it will either be out later today or sometime tomorrow. You're welcome. Do you guys want to see Robin and Star's date? PLEEEEAAASE tell people about this. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but I have 1k reads on Safe and 27 on this. Do you guys no likey? :( Anyhow, thanks for the current reads :)

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE