More Boys

Never more than two guys approached me. I reasoned that was because of pack mentality and the idiotic jeering of each other.

There was always nervousness and apprehension as a boy approached me. They just wanted to talk, I hope, but they were specific about topics.

They would stop by and seek my opinion about a certain girl we knew. Other topics would be their interest in my designs and queries into my grades. Then requests for math and wood shop help became a daily thing. 

To keep my encounters with  humans short, I learnt to produce short concise answers reducing my uncomfortable 'social time' to a minimum. 

Some of the boys were the sneakiest social seekers. I would be walking alone in a corridor, eyes scanning a tutorial on my phone when bam! There was a boy toe to toe with me saying "Hi."  The jolt this would give me always left me mute but gave enough time for the boy to release his problem like word spew at my feet.  They felt self conscious and insecure about approaching me.  However their uncertainty unfortunately did not deter them.

Then there were the creepy questions like, "why do you think other female mammals don't have monthly menstruation?". I was close to going into shock and needing resuscitation from that question. I felt I had been flung off a cliff as the conversation had taken a sudden turn into realms I would never even broch with my own father.