{4}

Jake ran down the halls of the base, like in a blink of an eye he would be gone. Jake ran down the experiment hallway, looking for 842. Once he found it, he walked in through the dark oak door. He was now standing in the middle of panicked scientists and the Red Leader looking stressed. 

Once Red Leaders eyes met with the view of Jake, he lightened up. 

"Jake!" Red Leader called, speed walking past the panic of his scientist and over to Jake. "I need you to go in there and help calm down the experiment. Pat is currently busy and your good with comforting others just like him." 

Before Jake could respond, he was pushed through the white metal door. Now standing in front of the experiment. 

The other, surprisingly shorter than Jake, male clutched his head with his hands, groaning in pain. A dark furry and scaly tail swayed slowly behind him. Purple horns growing out his head and hands slowly turning purple. Low growls and groans of agony and pain escaped the experiment, Thomas.

 Tom looked over at Jake, his black void eyes having a slight purple glowy smoke. A frown replaced his painful expression. 

"Why are you here?" Tom slipped out before another shock of pain went through him. Causing his hands to form into purple claws and purple cat-like ears to replace his human ones.

Jake slowly walked over to Tom. "I'm here to help. I mean no harm." Jake reassured,  crouching beside Tom. Slowly, Jake placed his hand in Toms' hair and ruffling it into a mess. 

Tom started to calm down. The pleasure of the petting taking over the pain. He took his claws off his head, letting them fall to the ground beside him. Low purrs escaping him. 

Jake continued petting Tom. Toms features started to disappear. His tail turning smaller and smaller. His horns sinking back into his head. His ears turning back to normal. His claws turning into hands, but his bandages were on the floor and not his arms. Revealing all his self-harm. 

Tom passed out in the comfort of petting from Jake. Jake softly smiled, standing up and walking to the metal door. The door opened revealing a proud Red Leader and calmed down scientists. One even passed out on the floor from the panic. 

"I saw everything, Jake. Through that window. Great job!" Red Leader complimented, giving a small nod.

Jake smiled proudly, walking into the side room of the experiments room. The white metal door closing behind him. Damien and Tessa walked towards Jake. Damien proud and Tessa not so much.

"Congrats, Jake. Red Leader is proud." Damien chirped quietly to Jake. Jake nodded softly.

"Yeah, congrats. Now he's going to be mad at me. I failed..." Tessa muttered, crossing her arms.

"Aww, cheer up sis. I'm sure it's nothing bad." Jake reassured.

"Whatever..." Tessa mumbled, storming off over to Red Leader.

"Tessa!" Red Leader chirped. Wait, Red Leader is happy to see Tessa? After she just failed again? "You did great, also! The booster worked!"

"But... he was just unstable, like all my other failed experiments! How is this good?!" Tessa asked in shock.

"He just needs to control the monster inside. Take control. Then he will be set for war. Not everything turns out perfectly at the start, it needs work." Red Leader explained. "Also, keep up the good work, Tessa. He will need some answers when he awakes, and you need to discover his abilities." Red Leader commanded, standing by the dark oak door. 

"Yes, sir!" Tessa chirped, a determined smile tugging her lips. 

"Everyone out! Leave Tessa to her work, alone!" Red Leader commanded, walking out the side room. Everyone followed, leaving Tessa to her work. 

She sat on one of the chairs that were in the room, looking through the window that let her look into the experiments room. 

Waiting for him to awake. She passed the time by doing some other work.

Waiting 30 minutes.

Waiting 1 hour.

Waiting 2 hours.

Waiting 3 hours.

Waiting 4 hours.

"I've had enough..." Tessa muttered, standing up from the chair. "Its been over 4 hours... I can wait until tomorrow..." She waled up to the oak door. Placing her hand on the knob, only to stop.

A groan slipped through Toms lips as he sat up, rubbing his eyes in attempt to get rid of the tiredness.

Tessa quickly ran from the wooden door to the metal door. She beamed with excitement, but had to calm down. One breath. Two breath. Three. 

Tessa walked into the experiments room, clipboard in hand. 

"What is it now? Another serum? I don't want to go through that again..." Tom grumbled, sitting cross-legged and leaning his head in the palm of his hand.

"Actually no, I need to know some things. May I ask you some questions?" Tessa asked, sitting in front of Tom.

"Uhh... I guess..?" Tom answered, shrugging. "But, you need to answer some of mine too." Tom growled. 

"Of course, now lets begin..."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Bleh... studyingggg suucckkkksss...

Ima waste time with Wattpad instead, I think i'll do fineeeee heh... I have three days too study anyways...

hope you all enjoyed!

Love ya'll! <3