{7}

Gunshots echo throughout the base. Comming from the shooting range, where recruits and soldiers practise their shooting to be precise. Other sounds from the departments could be heard if you walk past their doors or floors. A few stray soldiers walked down the halls, their boots tip, tapping the flooring. Growls from the failed or work-in-progress experiments echo the experiment halls, only those halls, no more, no less. 

But let's head over to the Red Leaders office...

"Sir, his hearing has increased, but still needs improvement. His ability to climb walls and ceilings are positive. But before we can start training the experiment, he needs to raise some of his medical states like his weight." Tessa stated. Her posture was straight at attention, hands folded behind her back and a stone stiff expression plastered on her face. 

 "Good, good. Just make sure he is ready in the next five months. A war is coming up and we are against three armies who are teaming against us." Red Leader replied. His hands curled together underneath his chin, holding his head up. He sat in his black office chair, unlike Tessa, who is standing. 

"Alright, sir. Is that all?" Tessa asked. Her posture not moving or flinching in her leader's presence. 

Red Leader shook his head. "No, nothing that comes to mind. But I'll be coming later today to meet the experiment. You're dismissed." He waved his robotic hand, slouching back into his office chair. 

Tessa nodded, saluted and walked out of Red Leaders office. She speed walked down the halls, and down to the cafeteria. Pat was going to feed the experiment today, but Tessa wanted too. She needed to speak with the experiment anyway, so she could do this herself. 

Once she reached the doors, she saw Pat walking out with the tray of food. "Pat!" Tessa called, running up to him. "You don't have to feed him, I can."

Pat turned around to face Tessa, shrugging as he gave her the tray. "Sure, whatever you say. Just gives me more time to annoy Pau in the hangers." Pat then waved and walked off. 

Tessa waved back. "Stupid boys, always annoying each other in the hangers... makes me wonder if their dating..." Tessa muttered, walking off to the experiment halls. 

Once Tessa arrived, she looked out for the experiments number coded room. Experiment room 842. 

Came along, 834,

836,

838,

840,

and 842, Tessas experiments room. She pushed past the dark oak door, entering the visual room. Looking through the big, light grey tinted window. There laid the experiment, curled up and sleeping peacefully. 

Tessa sighed, placing the tray of food on a nearby table. Papers and some pens scattered that table but stood no chairs. Tessa stood at that table, looking over her papers, writing some things down, and checking the time every now and again. 

Her reasoning for checking the time is because she had to wait till 12 pm. Breakfast had long passed, which Pat had already fed the experiment. She had only got here like ten minutes ago.

Finally, it was lunchtime. Tessa dropped the blue pen she was using and picked up the tray. She leaned against the metal door, entering the plain white room. Placing the tray on the floor, Tessa shook the experiment awake. He groaned and rolled over, muttering a 'stop it, Matt' before trying to sleep again. 

  "Who is Matt?" Tessa asked. She had stopped shaking the experiment and sat crossed legged. Today, instead of her blue dress, Tessa wore the red turtleneck sweater and white skinny jeans, along with red sneakers. Mainly the soldiers wear the combat boots. 

The experiment sat up immediately, a scowl plastered on his face. "Fuck off. I don't need to tell you jack shit." Tom growled. 

"Wow, you're cranky." Tessa held her hands beside her head. She rested them back in her lap. "Anyways, Red Leader is coming later today. Now you can finally meet him." Tom nodded, a mouth full of food. 

After Tom finished his food, he pushed the tray away. "How long?" He asked, laying down again and placing his hands behind his head. 

"I'm not really sure, but instead, let's test out your strength!" Tessa chirped, standing up. "Just a moment, I have a box of things for you to break." Tessa walked back through the metal door and came back with a box of different things. She placed down the box, now only holding a plank of pine wood. "I want you to punch this."

Tessa held up the plank of wood, her arms straight in front of her. Tom sat up, then stood up. "Umm... okay..?" Tom shrugged. He stood in the boxing stance. You know, the one when both fists are in front of you, and your feet spread apart, one foot in front and one behind. 

He pulled his fist back and punched. 

His fist wasn't even affected. And for the plank? It was snapped in half. Tessa tossed the pieces to the side. She held out a notepad from her jean pocket and jotted some notes before putting it away. 

It went like this for awhile. Two planks, four planks, bricks, and metal. Tom managed to punch through it all. Only with the metal, he had to punch it more than once. 

The metal door opened. Tessa stood up straight from her sitting position, saluting. Tom was confused at first. Until he heard the voice he will never forget. 

"Hello, old friend!"

----------------

cliffhanger? maybe? I dunno..? But hope you like this chapter! 

If there are any mistakes, please let me know so I can fix them! 

I love yall! <3