Chapter 1- The Ball

"And so the adventure begins..."

I let out a loud groan as the doorbell rang for the 100th time. " Keith open the freaking door!" I yelled as loud as I could so my 17 year-old brother could hear, only to hear the doorbell ring again.

Where are your siblings when you most need them?

Leaving my laziness aside, I stood up from bed and ran downstairs.
I opened the door to find Eve and Noah with two packets of lays and two boxes of pizza.

"Guess what?" Asked Eve, walking in my house with her long and curly black hair, bouncing from side to side.

"You came to ruin my sleep knowing that I will get super grumpy so you also brought food to bribe me with it?" I grumbled closing the door.

"Well yeah... but since your parents are working and your brother went out with mine, Noah and I decided to come here and let you know about the latest gossip"

So, that explains why my idiot of a brother didn't open the door.

I really miss my bed, but they brought pizza and lays, and food is food you can't say no to it. The three of us eventually ended up in my spacious room watching random series and enjoying ourselves like always. I'd call myself lucky for these two humans in my life. Correction: animals in my life.

Noah and I became friends because his mom Claire Olsen is my mom's bestfriend since they were in highschool, so that makes the two of us friends since birth.  Eve became my friend because I punched her 9 years ago when she insinuated that Noah and I were a couple because we were always glued to each other at school. Dont blame me, I was just 10 and I'm definetly not agressive. I mean, not the John Cena type of aggressive. Since then the three of us became the 3 musketeers, Eve with her dramatic but the don't-mess-with-me personality and Noah... well Noah is just Noah and sometimes I question his mental state.

The three of us ran upstairs to my room and got comfortable on my king-sized bed.

"Oh, I almost forgot" Eve suddenly squealed. "Forgot about what?" I turned to give her all my attention.

"I found my dress!" She exclaimed. "What do you mean you found your dress?" I asked utterly confused.

"I already bought my dress for the masquerade ball", She squealed.

Oh, right.

Saturday, in 4 days is Samantha Collins 18 birthday and she is going to throw a party, a ball... a masquerade ball. Sam is a friend of ours, we used to hangout with her sometimes. We still do.

"I almost forgot," I admited.

"You still didn't buy your dress?" She almost shouted.

"Shut up! I'm trying to watch TV" Noah grumbled. I didn't even notice him switching on my TV.

"Yeah... no, I mean I almost forgot about the Ball." I said completely ignoring Noah.

"But you bought a dress right?"

"Yeah." After that we stayed silent and continued to watch the unknown show Noah insisted on watching. That was until Eve broke the peacefull silence again, "Guys!" She squealed this time getting both Noah's and I attention.

"Shoot," Noah said.

"Chase Evans will be there at the party." For the 84719th time today I looked at her with confusion covering my face, but I was not the only one.