Chapter 7 - The Dress

I see it
I like it
I want it
I got it
-Ariana Grande

One of the things I really like besides food and movies, is riding Noah's car. Firstly, because it is none other than a handsome SUV. Secondly, because I love to see Noah's reactions and hear his excessively dramatic complaints while I drive. My driving skills aren't really enjoyable.

Last but not least, it's because while I drive his car I feel like I'm in fast and furious or need for speed. You feel me? No?
L

et me rephrase: It's a rule not to drive slowly in Noah's car. Made by me, obviously.

"You better slow down, or you are not going to have a chance of being my kid's godmother." Noah tightly gripped his seatbelt.

"Don't worry, I can be Eve's kids godmother." I grinned.

"Don't forget I'm also in the car, same goes for me. It's more likely that I'll die with him if you keep driving like this," Eve said from the backseat. I was about to answer but made an abrupt turn to avoid hitting a trashcan.

"Jesus Christ!" Eve yelled.

"I'm never letting you drive my car ever again!" Noah exclaimed from beside me.

"That's like the fiftieth time you tell me that, and look where we are right now." I grinned looking at him.

"Look at the road, woman!" he yelped. I chuckled.

We got to Elizabeth Jones small mall and the only mall here in town. I hit the gas pedal to quickly park on the last parking spot available causing Noah to be pushed backwards and hit his seat with full force. I smiled at him. In reply, he muttered something incomprehensible, and probably life threatening. We got out of the car and I tossed the car keys to Noah.

"Where do we go first?" I asked.

"Classics, duh." Eve replied. That was Eve's favorite shop to buy clothes, almost all of her clothes including mine were bought there.

"You can go buy whatever you want, I'm going for food." Noah said behind us, placing his arms on each of Eve and I's shoulders.

"No way," Eve shakes her head. "You are coming with us."

"But-"

"No buts, you wanted to come, now deal with it." She said.

"Touché," he said. "Kylie get ready to try all the hundred dresses we are going to choose for you." Eve stated. Both Noah and I complained.

"I need male friends." Noah muttered.

We got in Classics and Eve clapped her hands enthusiastically. I rolled my eyes exaggeratedly. "I soooo love to spend your money, Ky." She chuckles looking at me. "I hate you." I throw her a glare. Evelyn is a shopaholic. Two important people in my lives are, that's her and Keith. She loves to spend money everywhere. She's lucky her parents are filthy rich. She was not going to get a dress for herself because she already has one, obviously. We are here for poor me, yet she is more excited than me. Way more excited.That's my best friend .

"Welcome to Classics, I'm Monica, how can I help you?" Smiled a blonde girl with grey eyes, who seemed my age. I have never seen her before she was probably new here. Eve greeted her and started to blabber about gowns and stilettos.

"This way." Monica led us to the dresses section. Here we go.

***

"Never in a million years" Evelyn deadpanned.

"But I like this one!" I whined.

"Honey, it doesn't suit you, you look fatter and it is freaking yellow" She said and pushed me back into the cubicle. Fatter? I scoffed. I'm certainly skinnier than her.

And what's the problem with yellow?

I took off the yellow dress and looked at the other twelve dresses around me, I already tried out most of them and I feel like I have ran a marathon. I looked around, contemplating which one I should try next. I examined each dress I didn't try yet and finally decided on one. It looked adequate. Gorgeous. I carefully took the dress from the hanger and pushed down the back zipper, I put it on and after sometime of admiring myself using the mirror I got out of the cubicle."Eve can you close the zipper, please." I asked. Eve who is apparently busy reading a magazine looked up at me, her eyes narrowed examining the dress. She started to mumble softly under her breath. I raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer.

"Someone is going to make jaws, drop." She said, grinning at me. Noah came from nowhere with a green, sparkly dress hanging on his shoulder. Heck, I would never wear that much glitter. "I'm so tired! Wear this alrea-" He stopped mid sentence and almost let the dress on his shoulder fall when he looked at me. His jaw dropped. So dramatic.

"I already got one, Evelyn the zipper." I felt my cheeks starting to heat up because of the way they were looking at me. Eve got up and closed the zipper. Clearly I didn't need to ask them how I looked because their reactions said everything.

"You better take this one, or I will-"

"I will, no need to murder me." I cut her off. Noah called Monica and I paid for the dress, mentally wanting to punch myself for paying such high amount.

"Finally!" Noah almost shouted looking and raising his hands up in exasperation.

"Now Bobby's?" Eve asked. "Definetly" Noah and I said in unison.

Short chapter:)

Inayah