Chapter 10 - The Bedroom 2

Your eyes stole all my words away. - d.j

I could almost hear my heart pounding wildly in my chest. I turned around and there he stood, maskless and glaring at me like I was the one responsible for all the problems in the world, his dark locks were falling down his forehead and his eyes held a confused and annoyed expression.I automatically grinned. Other than that, I didn't know what to do or what to say. All I kept on thinking is stupid, stupid Kylie for entering in a stranger's bedroom just to winky-tink.

And not just any stranger's bedroom.

"Who are you?" He repeated, this time raising an eyebrow. He does not recognize me from Sam's masquerade ball, I can't blame him since I was wearing a mask, I even doubt he remembers about our stuck-together moment.

"Kylie, Kylie Lewis," He looked at me long enough for me to assume he was thinking whether he knows me or not.

"What are you doing in my room?" He demands. Should I tell him that I just came in looking for a bathroom?
Normally, people would just wait patiently until the other person occupying the bathroom gets out. Normally.

"I needed to use the bathroom..." I trailed off, awkwardly. Ladies and gentlemen, this are the moments that you get yourself asking what in the world you did to deserve such bad luck. Wait, I should be cautioned of my bad luck already. Maybe it is for that time I shaved that annoying girl Susy's eyebrows when we had a sleep over at Eve's house, we were 11 at the time. Good times.

"What?" He looked at me perplexed.

"My apologies, I couldn't find another bathroom." I quickly said and I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up. I must be looking like Pikachu from Pokémon now right now.

"Were you that blind to notice that there is a bathroom right opposite this room?" Ouch.

"It was occupied." I exclaimed. My hand automatically flew to scratch the back of my neck.

"And you just decided to get in the bedroom of someone you don't even know... to use the bathroom?" He said it as dry as the Sahara desert can be.

"Well, yeah?" I said, but it sounded more like a question. He gave me a not so nice look.

"Oh, but that wouldn't in a million years, be one of my intentions if I wasn't desperate." I quickly added, shaking my head from left to right continuously.

"You still did it''

"Yeah, I still did it." I said, feeling a bit disappointed at myself.

"Get out, and never come in my room again." He demanded.

"I apologized, will you even consider it?" I huffed.

"I don't care. Get out, I despise strangers invading my room." His voice was so cold, that I didn't know if there were shivers running down my spine or if it was just little icicles forming in my back. Well, that's what you get for invading Chase Evans privacy.

"Alright," I said.

"Insignificant people don't get in my room." He sourly said. How can someone be this rude? And look so emotionless or even dead to the world?

"Which means I'm significant, what a privilege," I sarcastically mumbled under my breath. He sent me a frosty glare.

Before exiting the room, I bent down and picked up the fallen picture, the same pictures my parents were in. Chase approached to see what I was doing and I examined the picture once again. There is only a single question that was gnawing my brain alive. Why did he have this picture?