Chapter 4 - The Divorce

"A circle of strength, founded on faith, joined in love and kept by God. We call it family"

We got in the car as fast as possible, I immediately switched on my phone which was left in the car and dialed Keith's number. I waited and waited but he wouldn't pick up. I dialed my mom's number but she didn't pick up as well. After sometime, Noah parked in front of my house and the three of us hurriedly got out of the car. I unlocked the door and we got in. I could feel the heavy silence and thick tension around the house. What could have happened?

"Mom?" I called.

"Dad! Keith!" I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and turned to meet my dad. It didn't take me long to remember my parents earlier argument.

"What's up dad?" I asked worried for what was coming.

"Keith is in his room." He stated and went upstairs without a second glance. I frowned.

Noah cleared his throat,"You should go and see your brother."

"I will" I replied.

"Kylie, is there anything we can do?" Eve asked, concern evident on her face.

"Don't worry, I will figure this out." I reassured them.

"We better stay." Eve said.

"No. Go home, you guys must be tired" I insisted.

"Are you sure?" Noah crossed his arms.

"Yeah." I needed some time alone with my brother. I could already guess what has happened and I'm sure he needed some time alone with me too.

"Fine. Call us if you need anything and we will be here in a blink of an eye." Eve hugged me and Noah joined. I shoo'd them out of the house then scurried to Keith's door. I knocked but got silence in reply, I knocked again and got the same reply. Grumbling, I pushed the door open and stormed in. He was there, eyes glued to the TV.

I grabbed the remote and turned it off.

"Hey!" Keith complained.

"What's your problem?" He groaned.

"I should be the one asking you that, little brother." I raised an eyebrow. He frowned and continued to look at the TV's black screen, I walked towards him and sat beside him.

"So, what happened?" I asked.

Silence

"Keith?" I raised an eyebrow.

Silence

"I think they are going to split." he finally said though his voice was barely audible. I sighed, so he did hear mom and dad's argument. But are they really going to get divorced? I could not imagine that happening. They have always been the happy, perfect couple. Or that is what they showed everyone.

"Did they tell you that?" I questioned.

"No. I came back home and heard them yelling at each other... and talking about separation."

"Maybe it was just an argument, you know these days they are a bit hot headed, maybe they're not really getting separated." I said, even though deep down I was also trying to convince myself of that.

"Maybe" He replied.

"Kylie?"

"Hmm?"

"If they ever get separated, promise me that we will stay together... don't leave me." I turned to look at him and smiled. He was already looking at me with those hopeful eyes of his.