Accepted at Hogwarts

Draco's POV

time – four years after the battle of hogwarts

'It could be a great opportunity for you.' Headmistress McGonagall said sternly. 'This job could mean a lot to you. I know you've been struggling and your mother has single-handed asked my help in this,' McGonagall continued but I didn't pay attention anymore.

My mother had asked her? My mother? Why the hell would my mother ask McGonagall's help. For all I know, she only wants me to work.

Work.

Should I say yes? After graduating, I've been living from my parent's gold. I may need this job. Being a Defence Against Dark Arts teacher doesn't sound so bad. I know that job is kind of cursed, but ever since that fucking Voldemort dies, I don't really think it's still cursed. A while ago, I thought of being an Auror, but the thought vanishes as quickly when I announced it to my mom.

'So Draco,' my mother sat. I rolled my eyes. Every time she starts a conversation with 'so Draco' it means she's going to interfere in my personal life.

'Now, now, no need to get upset my dear. I was just going to ask you a question.' She motioned me to sit down next to her. I refused, sitting on the floor resting my head on her lap instead. 'After Hogwarts, any plans?' I shook my head. 'No girls then?'

I smirked, 'Why in plural mom?'

She laughed. 'Oh goodness, Draco. I won't judge, but think of a work wouldn't you. It won't hurt a bit. And like I said, I won't judge.'

'Mom, if I became an Aur-' I barely started when she cut me off.

'Except an Auror, I would solely disagree. You will not become one of those minions of the government.'

'I won't be one, Mom,' I looked up at her. 'I'm my own fucking man, remember?'

'AND, those man who has captured your father.' I stiffened at the words. 'Do not interrupt me, Draco. Yes you are your own fucking man, but you will not be an Auror, Draco. You do not have my blessing. Do you understand?'

I stood up, 'Yes, Mother.'

Her opinion hasn't change one bit. She still disagrees, and will forever disagree.

'So Draco, are you going to take this job?' McGonagall's voice broke my train of thoughts. Without thinking twice, I nodded. McGonagall seemed to missed this miniscule motion. I braced myself, going back to Hogwarts isn't exactly what I have in mind.

'Yes, Professor, I'd take it.'

The headmistress clapped her hands together and smiled. 'Very well, Draco. You will start by next semester. Happy holidays, I'll see you very soon.

I left her office not while after. Leaving Hogwarts, I decided to linger in Hogsmead for a little longer, buying a cup of Butterbeer. For someone who never thought of being back at Hogwarts, I sure am happy.