Chapter 5

One thing for sure is that Roy knew his stuff pretty well for a teenager, Heath deducted. His eyes quickly scanned over the boy whose face was plastered to the smaller companies contracts not because he didn't trust him but he wanted to slowly test his limits.

Roy settled the stack of papers that he completed onto the coffee table before slowly reaching for another contract but Heath stopped him. "You should get some rest before you don't have the energy to watch the kids tomorrow."

"It isn't like I'll be the only one to watch the kids. I'll have Olivia there to help." Roy removed Heath hand from his wrist. "Besides that I don't feel tired at all."

"Well I only have a stack of contracts that can be done tomorrow afternoon. Let us go to sleep." Eyes trailing over to the stove Roy saw that it was indeed very late into the night.

"Just one more contract?" Heath rolled his eyes grabbing the pile of contracts to put away.

"No way, Roy. Damn and here I thought I was an workaholic. Come let's sleep." It wasn't that he was a workaholic, it was that he didn't know when to stop. His grandfather was always there having high expectations of him since his own son had failed him running away eloping with the love of his life. After the birth of Toby his grandfather died of a heart attack in his own home. Then a few months later his parents also. "Roy?"

"Yes, let's go to bed."

The cries of Toby woke Roy quickly as he cooed the small toddler. "We're fine."

Looking to the alarm clock on the night stand besides the bed, he had only slept for a good two hours but it was fine something he come to accept. Getting up from the bed he gather Toby in his arms leaving the warmth of the bed he shouldn't get to used to and left into the living room. It as quiet and barely only five a.m.

Roy sat there in silence hugging Toby. "Roy?"

Sleepily, Heath walked out of the bedroom after he felt that the other side of the bed was cold. Rubbing his eyes, steadily they focused on the silhouette that sat on the couch.

"Sorry, Heath we didn't mean to wake you." Roy slowly watched him strut over to the couch and slump down next to him before slipping an arm around his waist.

"No. You didn't wake me up. I just felt you're side of the bed empty and wondered where you went." Heath settled his head on Roy's shoulder and with his other hand he reached out to caress Toby's small head. "Was he being fussy again?"

"Yeah, probably a bad dream or he might be hungry." Handing Toby to Heath, he got up to fix a bottle for his brother. Lightly testing the hotness of the milk on the back of his hand before giving it to Heath to feed Toby. "You should get some more sleep before work starts at nine o'clock."

"Nah, I'll be fine. These are my normal hours while working that the amount of sleep I have left has also become normal." The ache in Heath's shoulder was killing him as he laid Toby down so the kid would feed himself. "First off I need to do more stretches."

Roy watched as Heath stood up, hearing the satisfying cracks as he stretches his back and shoulders. "That sounds so satisfying."

"Yeah, but I wouldn't recommend for you to do it at all." Especially with his conditions at the moment.

Roy shrugged his shoulders in agreement. "Wouldn't want to try it so soon either."

Flopping back down onto the couch, Heath signaled Roy to sit on the other side of him. Without any retort he sat down while watching the man. Lightly, Roy laid his head on his shoulder as they watched the toddler finish the rest of his bottle.