Sixteen - White

ZAYN’S POV.

“Tayla! Are you home?” I screamed from the downstairs living room of her flashy apartment.

I was answered back with silence. I walked around for a bit. I started walking up the stairs, noticing the yellow light peering from under the door of the bathroom. She’s probably showering.

I knocked on the door.

“Tayla, are you in there?” 

The shower wasn’t running, I pulled down on the gold handle, swinging the creme door open. I really wasn’t ready for what was stood in front of me.

She was lying on the ground, her brown curly hair messily draped all over her face, covering the floor around her. She didn’t look like she was moving. 

I froze. 

I was standing in the door way, eyes wide and my mouth was probably in a perfect ‘o’ shape. 

I whipped out my phone, texting Liam.

*Come to Tayla’s NOW and call an ambulance!*

It buzzed no less than twenty seconds later, I didn’t check it though.

I collapsed on the floor next to her, flicking all of her hair over to one side so I could see her face. Eyes shut, mouth parted slightly. It didn’t seem like she was breathing. That’s when I noticed the empty orange pill bottle, only two pills left.

Fuck.

I picked up her limp body in my muscular arms, shaking her slightly.

“TAYLA!”

“No, not you too. Please, don’t.” I pleaded.

I nestled my head into her chest, breaking out into sobs.

I noticed a piece of paper sat neatly on the top of the sink, blue sparkly writing highlighting the dull white page. 

I picked it up.

Dear the boys, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis.

Before I even had time to read the first few sentences I heard the door swing open from down stairs.

“ZAYN!” Liam called out.

“UP HERE, IN THE BATHROOM, COME QUICK.” I screamed, although my throat ached.

I heard the drumming of Liam’s feet against the wooden staircase, he was running.

His reaction was much the same as mine. Standing in the door way, eyes wide and his mouth was in a perfect ‘o’ shape. I looked up from Tayla’s limp body, tears streaming down my face. 

“I-I just walked in and s-she was laying o-on the floor Liam.” I said through shaky breaths.

He picked Tayla up in his muscular arms.

“Tayla, don’t leave us okay!” He pleaded, tears falling from his eyes and onto her bare body.

He turned to me. “Ambulance is coming now.” I nodded bleakly.

I could see how much he was trying to hold the tears back. How strong he wanted to me. 

“TAYLA!” he pleaded.

“Why?” He said softly under his breath. 

But Liam breaks.

We heard the familiar sounds of the ambulance coming closer and closer. I ran downstairs, ushering for the paramedics to come up stairs, I led them to the bathroom.

“Thank you sir, now please step away.”

Liam hesitantly put her limp body back onto the floor, wiping the hair away from her face before kissing her forehead.

I was still clutching onto the piece of paper tightly in my right hand.

“Hold on.” He whispered into her ear before handing her over to the paramedics.

There were mixtures of.

“Give me this.”

“Give me that.”

"Charge to 20 volts"

They pulled her lifeless body onto a stretcher, carrying her downstairs into the back of the ambulance.

“Are you two coming in the back with us?” One of the nurses said.

We both nodded.

We watched as the stretcher was wheeled down a series of white long corridors, before turning the corner out of our view. 

Hospitals suck. It’s like they’re welcoming you to heaven. Or wherever the hell we’re actually going after all the air is sucked from our lungs. After we take our last breath. After our heart pumps it’s final beat. After your family and friends have been crying over you for hours. After the doctors that have been trying to bring you back to life, or trying to keep you holding on for god knows how long.  After all of that bullshit. All the white lights, cause isn’t that what they say you see when you’re nearing the end? The white light. That one fucking light and everything is over. Your whole soul is taken away from your body and you are left on that table. Dead. Fucking dead. There is nothing in this world that could bring you back after you’ve seen that white light. All the other white objects in this stupid fucking building don’t help either. Everything is white. White lamps. White chairs. White desks. White computers. White tiles. White Walls. White Ceilings. Everything is fucking white. I am sick to death of white. 

Let’s just pray that Tayla doesn’t see that white light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was a pretty short chapter tho.

Please vote, comment whatever.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Tayla x