| 26 |

Eloise's eyes flutter open, grogginess weighing them down as she blinks a few times. Her blue eyes focus on the ceiling fan whirring above her head. A quiet clicking sound comes from the spinning fan.

She yawns and turns, snuggling her face into what she assumes is her pillow. Eloise feels herself slipping back into a deep sleep. But then her pillow moves.

Her eyes shoot open and Eloise realizes that her head wasn't on a pillow, but on a chest—Peter's chest, to be more specific. She looks up from his chest to his face, his eyes closed peacefully, pink lips parted. Eloise lets her gaze linger on his face. He looks so at peace and the most relaxed she's ever seen him. She doesn't want him to wake up and have his face get all creased from stress and worry. She wishes he didn't have to deal with all he deals with on a daily basis.

Eloise suddenly realizes how creepy it would be if Peter just woke up and saw her staring at him with her head on his chest and pushes herself up into a sitting position. Peter makes a soft noise and his head moves to the side, but he doesn't wake. Circumspectly, Eloise reaches over his body and grabs her phone from the nightstand, turning it on.

She almost loses her balance and falls off the bed at the time on the screen.

"Peter!" Eloise shrieks, hurriedly shaking him. He stirs and his eyes flutter open like hers had for a few seconds before they focus and zero-in on Eloise. He sits up, yawning.

"What's wrong?" He asks, voice surprisingly deep and gruff. Eloise doesn't let her mind settle on how attractive it sounds and instead shoots up from the bed, rushing to the window in one long stride.

"It's 7:50," She rushes out. School starts at 8:00 sharp and she still has to get ready, plus the next public bus doesn't come by until 8:30. The realization of being late to school again hits her like a brick wall; she's going to get another detention and she'll never hear the end of it from her parents.

Peter sits up, still a little disoriented from just waking up. Eloise ignores his insanely cute bedhead and opens the window, then strides over to her dresser where she pulls a random outfit out. She doesn't check to see if it matches before pulling the jacket over her arms, leaving her t-shirt from the day before.

Peter rolls out of bed and stretches. He glances at the window letting in cold air.

"You know," He rasps in his pleasing morning voice, "I'm Spider-Man."

Eloise sends him a look from over her shoulder, not knowing where he was going with this . "Uh, yeah. I know."

"What I mean is, you don't have to be so rushed. I can just swing you to school with my webs," he explains as he mimics shooting webs from his wrists.

Eloise pauses. Oh. "Good idea." She puts her hands on the waistband of her pants, but before she can ever ask him to, Peter turns around.

"I just need to grab a new shirt, my backpack, and my web-slingers and I'll be set to go," Peter says with his back turned to the girl. "What do you still need to do? We need to leave as soon as possible if you want to make it on time."

A thought strikes Eloise as she's pulling her jeans over her legs. She zips and buttons them up. "Am I going to make you late?"

"Maybe," He says. "But don't worry about it."

She frowns.