| 30 |

"What about her parents? Surely they're wondering where she's at."

"She's mentioned that her parents aren't very involved in her life, I think."

"But still, kid, she's been away from home for at least two days."

"She left them a note that said that she was going on a field trip with the school."

Eloise's mind emerges from a deep fog. There's a bright light behind her eyelids and goosebumps arise on her arms and legs from a slight draft. Voices surround her, talking, oblivious to her consciousness.

There's something pricked into her right arm near the soft spot on the inside of her elbow. Except for that, the drafty air, the cool metal beneath her body, she feels nothing.

"Still," one voice says to her direct right. "It would be nice if we gave her parents a call and say something more believable that would  explain why she's not coming home for a while."

"How about—"

Her eyes snap open and Eloise suddenly sits up. Everyone gasps. A man with a sunglasses and a trimmed beard stares with his eyes wide and Peter Parker jumps back, bumping into the man that was with the shield standing beside him. The man with the metal arm and long hair reaches for his knife in his belt, but the shield man pushes his hand away.

There's movement to Eloise's left. She spots a metal table beside the bed she's on with all types of tools and gadgets. Her fingers wrap around a sharp tool and she whips around, stabbing the blade deep into whoever was standing on her left.

Eloise's eyes barely skim over the doctor of sorts grasping onto the tool dug into his shoulder and stumbling back, falling onto a desk with computers with a hiss of pain.

"Holy shit!"

She grabs a handful of more metal tools with pointed ends, but before she can launch them at the others in the room, a large hand wraps around her forearm. A frustrated growl erupts from her throat and Eloise jumps up onto her feet on the metal bed, towering over the man with the sunglasses, the one who prevented her attack.

His eyes widen as he looks up at Eloise. Her teeth are bared and her eyes pierce through his as she spins around and kicks him square in the jaw. His head snaps to the side and he falls, his grip slipping off the girl's arm.

Eloise jumps onto the floor and tears the IV in her arm out, then thrusts the needle at the closest person: Peter Parker.

His eyes widen and he has no time to react, but before the needle can push through the skin of his face, Eloise is tackled to the ground.

A scream pushes its way out of her throat as she swings her arms at the figure above her. Once she catches sight of the face with dark hair that's dangling in front of his eyes, she snarls in disgust. Eloise's fingers claw at the man with the metal arm's face and scratches his skin. He recoils away, keeping Eloise at arm's length as he presses down on her shoulders. Incoherent screams fall from her mouth.

He raises his metal arm and clenches his fist high above his head, but Peter Parker catches it.

"Don't hurt her!"

"This isn't your friend," the man spits, his face still getting attacked by Eloise's sharp nails. Her fist clenched and she hits his nose and he winces, but doesn't let go of her.