Chapter 19

Most of the people who had come to pay their respect had already left, you stood there with those closest to her and you wonder if anyone even told Loki. Deciding it is unfair to him you slip away without being noticed. You walk to the big guarded entrance of the prison. Two guards stand watch as you approach the big stairs leading deep underground. You don't say anything, but walk decisively closer. The armored figures cross their spears in front of you.

"I demand to pass. Move out of my way," you say as strongly as your grief stricken voice allows.

"No outsiders are allowed to visit the prisoners," one of them says.

"An outsider? I am the Midgardian princess, you dull creature," you try to intimidate them and you see it working for a moment. It almost seems as if they will allow you to go there, but you suddenly hear Odin's voice:

"What seems to be the matter here?" his booming voice says.

"The princess demands entrance to the dungeons," one of the guards explains.

"Princess? I see no princess here. Seize the traitor!" he king demands and the guards take an offensive position towards you.

"Traitor?" you ask Odin in a shocked voice. You take a couple steps back from the guards, but you know that you could never outrun them. They painfully wring both your arms behind your back and hold you forcibly down as if you bowed to the king.

"Throw her into the dungeons," Odin commands and the guards start to pull you towards the staircase.

"No!" you try to struggle free and your fury comes to the guards as a surprise. You manage to get one arm loose and you try to hit the armored figures to let you go, but they catch your free arm and they drag you your back first deeper down. You fight and scream, but to no end. You finally feel the floor and no more steps. They turn you around and you keep fighting. You see the cells in front of you, their golden force fields separating them from the rest of the world.

You stop struggling as the guards stop in front of a cell and you see furniture laying around the room as if they had been thrown around in the midst of it all stood Loki. He was surprised to see you and as soon as he realized that you were held against your will he stormed to the barrier closest to you.

"Let her go!" he bellowed.

The guards pointed their spears at the cell and Loki was thrown against the opposite wall as the barrier disappears. They push you in with such force that you stumble to the ground as the golden structure reappears. Loki comes to you as quickly as he can and helps you up.

"What is the meaning of this?" he growls to Odin and you look over to the king as well as Loki holds you against him.

Odin raises his hand and twists it in as quick motion before anyone could even react. You see the guards' necks break and they fall to the ground. You look in shock as Odin's figure changes to an alien's. The creature had an angular face and a light gray skin.

"Who are you?" Loki asks.

"My name is Ebony Maw," the creature says and Loki moves you so you would almost be behind his body, but he didn't let go. You could see over the man's shoulder as the alien took out a necklace - yours.

"No!" you scream. The creature lays the glass pendant on his palm before closing his fingers around it.

"No!" you shout again and Loki's voice echoes yours as the creature turns his hand and glass shards fall out of his fist like sand.

You feel all the strength leave your body and you collapse. Loki's arms around you won't allow you to fall as your breathing becomes faster and heavier.

"No no no no, you're ok," the man repeats as he lowers the both of you.

"Loki," you say with a shaking voice as you look into his green eyes.

He sits down and lays you on his lap. One of his arms is around your upper body, holding your back and head, in his other hand he holds yours.

"No, don't do this," he says.

"I'm so sorry I ever left you," you say as you feel your time running out.

"I promised to keep you safe," he kisses the back of your hand, "I failed you."

"I don't want to go... I don't want to leave you again," you say and you feel like you would tear up, but you are dry, you feel your body becoming stiffer and Loki notices cracks like in lass appearing on your arms. A moment later your whole body is covered in those lines like spider webs. It is hard for you to breathe and you use up the last of your air to say:

"I love you."

"You are my everything. I love you with everything I have, I always have, I always will," he says as his tears land on your cheek, "Don't go."

You hear his words as your hand that was securely in his crumbles into fine white sand like your necklace had.

"No!" Loki screams as he looks at he fine powder in his hand and slowly your whole body becomes dust.

Ebony Maw has stood by the barrier and watched Loki's agony before he finally says:

"Thanos sends his regards."

Loki's figure stands up pushing aside your dress and sand still falling from his clothes he walks up to the barrier.

"You will pay for this. Thanos will pay for this! I will kill him myself!"

But the creature only smiles, satisfied with the pain he had caused and turns around to walk back up the stairs he had come from. As the sorcerer disappears, Loki's magic fades and reveals that Loki never left your side. He is still holding your dress and crying over what is left of you.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," he repeats as a mantra, knowing that it is his fault, blaming himself that he ever fell in love with you.