5 | warmest morning

I've always been fascinated by fogs, for they've always reminded me of myself.

Things so simple as cold wisps of air, but are capable of turning cozy nights into horror scenes.

"What lurks in the fogs?", kids would ask.
"Monsters, ghouls and creatures that shouldn't exist, but God had made to punish us." Parents would reply.
"And that's why children, you should always run away from a fog, never towards it."

And it's true.. For, like a fog, monsters do lurk inside of me. Monsters that lash out, ghouls that hurt, creatures that kill.

But baby, did your mother tell you the wrong stories? Or were you just not paying attention?

For you saw me, surrounded by the heaviest fog and, my darling, you ran towards me, into me, disappearing.

Weren't you scared?
Weren't you terrified?

Didn't you know what I was, didn't you know what was inside me?

People ran in the other direction for a reason, my dear.

You were dumb, you were naïve.

That was not bravery, that was stupidity at its finest.

I haunted you with colder wisps, tried to seep into your skin and bones, tried to freeze you.

But you just sighed and walked deeper into the unknown.. then you stopped and smiled...

And you caught me by surprise.. because I didn't know...
I didn't know you were the sun.

You surrounded me by warmth that I haven't felt in a thousand years.

You knew what lay underneath that fog all along. There weren't any monsters, there weren't any ghouls..

There was just me standing there.. trying hopelessly to hold on to any shred of the remaining fog like I would to a torn dress against my naked body.

I was terrified...

But you walked closer.. you touched my face and breathed, and the fog lifted like it never existed..

And you became my warmest morning.

-
With love,

-With love,